&>/dev/null

pirates, robots, ninjas; supercowpowers, fugu & geckos; fish & chips.

Wednesday

COHERENCE=1

I can hear netdemon's (unoriginal hostname, I know) SCSI disk grinding away as it performs the weekly cvsupdate. Disk I/O is hella slow on that box (dual P2-333MHz), unfortunately.

Confessed my inter-love for Keyra/Julieta today...

No lucid dreams last night that I can recall, but then I was concentrating on getting any sleep at all.

Feeling slightly better today, probably won't go in to work later, though. Made a 'sicknote' alias and added a feature to my mozlaunch script to not open Firefox at 5pm if I've made a sicknote for that day.

torrid is weird. Started using tor client on my desktop. Thinking about putting it on stone (OpenBSD 3.6 firewall) but apt-get install tor privoxy is just too easy. Unbelievably I may end up paying £20 for a 100mbit ISA nic for stone.

'Be cool' isn't. Worthwhile moments: Uma's ass, Uma/Travolta dance to the Black Eyed Peas, The Rock. Everything else is dire. Ironic? Yeah, right.

'Sin City' still going through my mind. I will have to watch it again since a) I'm not sure where the girl Josh Hartnett kills at the beginning fits in, b) who is in Wendy's 'troop' (I think Gail was but then isn't Gail the leader of Old Town?), and c) is Sen. Rourk anything to do with Cardinal Roark? Anyway, excellent film. Really makes me want to read the comic.

Editions: Keyra.wmv is, uh, awesome. Netdemon took 1.5hrs to update pkgsrc. Pkgsrc is far better than the unportable portage. I've tried porting it before but I vow to never do so again. It is simply unmanagable if it can't have / and root permissions. Fuck that.