&>/dev/null

pirates, robots, ninjas; supercowpowers, fugu & geckos; fish & chips.

Saturday

And furiouser

Watched Tokyo Drift. Exactly what I expected: A film even more retarted than the first two. Of course, I watched it so...Still some very, very nice eye candy, and if there are gaggles of 9's hanging around in Tokyo parking garages I am so going. Oh, it has cars, a bad boy hick, and Yakuza. There was some stupid plot that ended up with the hick racing the Yakuza brat so he and his girl could go free. Whatever.

Changed my PP name. Hopefully it will help me get more action. Having a women's name might have made fish less likely to call ("Oh, she can't be bluffing"). Probably not. Shame my accountname is still the rubbishy girly one. I might try and use that as an excuse to close that account and open a new one with rakeback. Although, while I'm not playing that many hands a day, the rakeback I'm missing out on is miniscule (about a buyin a month).

Not to be results orientated but I turned a set in my first pot and VB river. Guy had trips top kicker and didn't raise...meh. Then I flopped a set of ducks against AQ, Q2x flop. B3B all-in and called.

But then I just gave fifty back at 400NL through blinds and looking for a set. I going to try and stick to 200NL for now until I have a BR that I can drop 3 buyins @ 400NL without getting overly distraught. I may still hit 2/4 tables that I think offer good implied odds. Oh, I see someone I buddy listed last night and a 1/2 LAGtard on one table. Shame it's got the smallest avg. pot on the list. LAGtard in theory is easy to play against, although to extract the most you have to let him keep firing and call down. He plays 23/17, pots flop, pots turn, pushes river. Loves to C/R flop too. 53% att. to steal. Personally I think he is far too aggressive and his strategy should be easily exploitable by a tighter but equally aggressive player. A big part of that would be reraising him preflop, since he invariably folds his SCs. Do that enough and he's going to start calling down light but provided your hand selection is tighter it shouldn't really matter much.

Decided to just go to bed. New day and lagtard is still multitabling 400NL. I sit at one of his tables because it has the largest avg. pot. First hand I see he calls a CO raise from the SB with AT, flop is A45 (45 are spades), he checkraises the CO's weak cbet...CO thinks and pushes, lagtard calls. CO has AQ and I resist the urge to berate lagtard. CO either had great reads or played that like shit, I don't care because lagtard played it so much worse.

~20-25BB avg. pots. Zzzz. Same thing last night which is why I went to bed. Where are the gamblers? I hate playing smallball.

Where is "13th District"? No torrents, nothing on usenet. WTF? Nothing to watch.

Eng/Ecu not so good. Should be 0-1 but we got lucky. Very nice Beckham goal. Deserved victory. Ashley Cole had a great game. Time wasting yellow cards were pathetic. "I think Sven's discovered a new system. 4-5-2. Rooney counts as 2."

Hol/Por tonight. Don't think the BBC are streaming it. FiveLive sucks.

Lol, bluffed a 100NL stack off to the biggest ever calling station with AKo. Yes, Q6o TPNK is a good hand. A few hands later he leaves. Obviously. Buddylisted.

Then I "bad beat" a shortstack with AQs v. AKo on a KT4s flop. Combi-draw = nuts. Yes, that 54/46 is such a bad beat. I hate shortstacks anyway. Says he's dropped ~$1500 in the last week. I feel no sympathy for those one street wonders. If I am forced to play postflop, which I am not particularly good at, then they should be too. This is not fucking bingo. I was sitting at a table with 3 shortstacks (uh, yeah, good table selection I know) and limped TT in EP. One shortstack raises and the other two call. I felt like pushing but I folded. I really should have put LRR them all-in. TT is well ahead of a random shortstacks all-in range.

Wee, set miner stacks me at 50NL 6max. My RR preflop did kind of suck. I c/r the turn all-in which is kind of silly against an unknown. I did play tight super-aggressive at the lower limits and...it didn't have good results. Oh well, my TAG game needs work but that's nothing I didn't already know.

PinkPrincess1988's shortstacking results seem to be pretty hot. AJs+ 66+ is a pretty small edge to be pushing. Need a huge roll to weather that variance.

Watched The Matador. Good buddy flick. Brosnan is delightful as a sexually depraved assassin. The other guy (Kinnear?) is good as the unlucky businessman. Sex scenes were pretty funny. I actually think Kinnear's wife was one of the hottest women in it.