&>/dev/null

pirates, robots, ninjas; supercowpowers, fugu & geckos; fish & chips.

Sunday

Corrosion

DSL fixed after months of problems. Turned out to be corrosion on the line between two poles at the end of the lane. I had reported a fault due to noise on the line in January but I was told there was no problem by BT. Engineer who fixed it was cool. Pretty geeky, talking about the new 108mbit/s wifi Netgear router and stuff (since I have a WG834Gv1). He also fitted a filtering faceplate on the linebox to stop interference from the powerlines.

I'm just under tolerance for 2mbit too (42.5dB where the limit is 43dB) so he said to downgrade if there were further problems.

New NVIDIA drivers made my desktop unstable, back to 6629's :/

Should blog about my first informal flying lesson too but it's so hot (hottest day of the year, apparently) that I really need a shower.