&>/dev/null

pirates, robots, ninjas; supercowpowers, fugu & geckos; fish & chips.

Tuesday

Back

And now I see why playing my 10/10 nitty game was at least marginally profitable. All the other...crap is just smoke and mirrors. What I really need to do is play pairs, flop sets, get it all-in (unless board 4 to a straight/flush as normal).

Reviewed PT. Down 6.6 buyins or so. 2.3 with 33, two semi-bluffed flushdraws, and too much payoff wizardry. It's not good but it's not absolutely terrible. The one good thing about my nitting is I didn't use to care if I was being bluffed. "Hmm, well, I just have top pair here, not much reason to continue with the hand now that he's bet/raised." At least then I wasn't making calls so thin that they probably don't exist.

Need to get this through my head: BIG HAND = BIG POT. I'm not terrible at pot manipulation I just push semi-bluffs in inappropriate places. I think I should cut my suited crap from UTG/MP, it doesn't get there, implied odds are low, terrible position (unless blinds call). And, basically, it's unnecessary, I'm getting decent action without it and it doesn't protect my big hands at all either.