&>/dev/null

pirates, robots, ninjas; supercowpowers, fugu & geckos; fish & chips.

Sunday

Prestigious

2 outer for me, yesh. I was going to fold, Josh says all-in, I do, Josh's presence luckboxes a 2 outer with one card to come. Josh says floating > raising shortstacks. Have to agree. Lots of bad spots all session. Did stack someone with flopped set, rivered boat. After they turned a flush and went for a check/raise on the turn but I checked behind.

Watching The Prestige. Very good. Excellent performances. Bale makes a great psycho. Scarlet & Piper make for cute female leads. Caine is great, obviously. Jackman is surprisingly good.

Not sure I like the ending. Bale was the antagonist, IMO, not Jackman. The sci-fi aspect was an interesting turn. The re-twist with Bale having a twin was hard to see coming. If I'm Jackman, I'm making at least one live backup of myself but that's just me.

Sup with gbucks? Interesting article. Will need to reread. Talks about expanding it to encompass villains range, not just your own. To be honest, it's difficult enough to calculate when you assign villain a single hand. Expanding it to balance your range against his range is very, very hard. And, strictly speaking, totally unnecessary at SSNL where your opponents are so bad and so numerous that you don't need to concern yourself with balancing your play. Bet, bet, bet monsters into people who call too much. Call down overaggro monkeys.

It's a very useful tool, though. Especially if you make an honest evaluation about your hand ranges. If you're betting air more in one spot, he's right to call more. I was kind of getting to this concept myself when I was talking about value. In the past I've talked about betting air (bluffs) and betting TPTK hands the same for value. E.g. if I bet, bet, bet a missed draw I need to do the same with AA+. And say if I check behind with missed A-high draws & draws that caught a pair, he's clearly not going to be doing so hot against my 3 barrel range.