&>/dev/null

pirates, robots, ninjas; supercowpowers, fugu & geckos; fish & chips.

Saturday

srugby is better than me

Even when losing he runs at -90BB. heh.

Still, good video. It's nice to see him play a looser style too. Ended up being 30/25. Do not like the way he responded to the strong OOP leads. But then again he wins ~$1m a month so when he says that it's typical weakness, you've got to believe him. Of the two situations, the AA one was reasonable, but I didn't like the KT one too much. Also, I don't see how he's committed to the pot after raising to $280 or so. Yeah, he has an overpair, but wth is that guy b3bing on a QJ3r board that you beat He said that he'll have air and be folding enough that it doesn't matter. And after his raise, he's almost getting odds against QJ. Then the bluff into the nuts which is pretty standard.

The marginal hands, though, were played very interestingly. The one outer against good2cu was especially interesting. The c/c line with marginal hands, where no worse hand would call a bet but a worse hand might make a bet, was again interesting. The KJ one was odd as well. I guess Brian thought that the guy was valuepushing the river, putting him on a bluff catching Jack. It's also quite possible the guy had a worse hand.

Trouble with playing like that at SSNL, though, is players are donkeys. They're not going to bluff one street and give up. They'll bluff two, then push the river X% for good measure with a vast array of holdings.

I'm not sure if I hate poker, or just small-stakes. Either way, I just get sick of losing (when playing well, when playing badly). It almost wants to make me shortstack. Oh, and Brian had an interesting point about preflop equity: It's almost impossible to play profitably long term with bad cards OOP. Well, duh. And I'm sure the guys I keep doubling aren't playing profitably against my range, long term. However, in the short...100m hand run, they just take stack, after stack, after stack by taking their draws to the river and getting there everytime. But when they don't get there with the X-outer, I'm not getting value from bottom-pair on the river or whatever.

I don't even know what I'm whining about. The 3bet AK hand is semi-standard. As is the AK v. SS. As is the set over set. The only thing I have to say, I gave the 55 guy too good implied odds by 3betting AK (1BB too small, I might add) and stacking off. I should have 3bet him light to begin with. I haven't been raising light too often (although, the one time I have done in a very long time today, I get 4bet all-in). 3betting light, and standardly is a great way for me to improve my postflop expectation. Because if I make them put more money in preflop with worse hands or worse position, I should profit. Well, somewhere around hand 100m and two. Yep, I'm sure by that time I'll be net +1BB (including rakeback).