&>/dev/null

pirates, robots, ninjas; supercowpowers, fugu & geckos; fish & chips.

Friday

NewBeginner

Now that I've calmed down somewhat I can see that yesterday's loss taught me a few important lessons (and cost me $20). I may make a poker log type thing in Emacs but this is easier for now. So, week of the 10th October: -$20.

  1. I am a beginner at this. The fact that I won quite a lot was lucky. For example I won $27 with A9o with a pair of Aces and a pair of Nines, but I only got an Ace on the river!
  2. Fold intelligently. Stop chasing so much even when I have good hole-cards. Stop calling when I don't have a hand.
  3. Being aggressive is good but I need to temper it with a bit more caution. Yes, I may get bluffed a few times but it's better than wiping out my bankroll.
  4. Recognise when I'm on tilt and, for now, quit. I had one or two bad beats (KK lost to AA on a weak flop, AKs lost to a flush on the turn and river) and just didn't get over it. From then on it seemed all my hands had a 2 in them, and anytime that I got a quite good hand (e.g. AJs), I'd lose to some bullshit hand like 38o catching a pair on the flop.