&>/dev/null

pirates, robots, ninjas; supercowpowers, fugu & geckos; fish & chips.

Monday

Runner-runner

!$&*

Hero: AK, Donkey/Maniac: A♣5♣

I bet preflop and it's called by 3 others.

Flop: J♠Q♣8♠

Doesn't scare me and I figure I'm still ahead in the hand so I bet. Everyone folds except the maniac (his history at the table is very loose). I am still ahead: I have a 17.2% chance of hitting my gutshot straight by the river, donkey is chasing a backdoor flush at 4.2%!

Turn: T♣

And I've nailed my straight. Wooo! Maniac won't fold to my bet and 3x.

River: 4♣

Slightly scary but I figured the guy as a pocket pair, or maybe pairing on the flop; just trying to get me with a drawing hand (yes, he's been very aggressive all the way through but he's a maniac).

Should I be angry at the guy? No, I played the hand (AKo) perfectly. Super agressive (bet whenever possible, reraised when raised) all the way through and he chased his junk for a backdoor flush. 95.8% of the time he'll lose. He was trying to give me money but he was just unlucky on this occasion :) It still stings, though.

It makes me want to play higher stakes (!) since people are less likely to chase runner-runner with fucking A5s.