&>/dev/null

pirates, robots, ninjas; supercowpowers, fugu & geckos; fish & chips.

Sunday

Passive

What a pathetic performance by England in this world cup, especially this game. All the talk of "peaking" and things coming right was patently false but people eagerly believed anyway. Yeah, yeah, 10-men with the captain and our only striker (lol?) off we had to play for penalties. Only it seemed to me that we were playing for penalties long before that. The whole fucking strategy was far too defensive. You don't win tournaments by keeping clean sheets; you have to score goals. And England can't even score from the spot (although, to be fair, Ricardo is awesome. Robinson sucked but keepers aren't expected to save penalties). LamTARD, omfg, what a donkey. Rooney also had a poor game and, while I believe standing on the guys nuts was unintentional, there was no need to be battling that hard against 3 players on the half way line. Muppets, as normal, but I'm sure the press will be proclaiming how unlucky we were to have Rooney sent off. How unlucky we were to lose on penalties again. Whatever. Piss poor from start to finish, England didn't even deserve to get that far.

Um, finished WoT11: Knife of Dreams today. Much better that book 10. I have forgotten so much of the story/minor characters since I read the first 9 back to back but dithered over no. 10 because it was supposed to be terrible. And it was pretty bad. I thought the Elayne kidknapping at the end was pretty dumb and Rand losing his hand. The Tuon/Mat storyline is definitely the best of the four. Perrin/Faile...I honestly didn't give a shit for the most part. Egwene's story is pretty bad too. Min also annoys the fuck out of me. And as for the "powerful vision of good and evil"...well, it's a bit too comic book for me. Give me GRRM's anyday. I'm going to finish it, obviously, perhaps even read the prequel(s) but it is no longer the epic I thought it was.

Been doing my own tuff_fish impressions. Got stacked with AQ when downie turned two pair. Finally had my chance to settle the score when I raised 77 and flopped a set. Two callers on a FD flop. Gee, great. Turn's the flush. LAGtard leads into me for pot, I call because we're semi-deep and board might pair. Two pair downie then pushes OTT of us both. "Fucking downies" say I and leave that table. I also lost KK to AA but the guy had 6bb. GG downie. I also freerolled a backdoor flush with AQs and it hit on a paired river. I pushed regardless and all the downies thought I had a FH. Oh yeah, there was another couple of funny hands: 22, I raise, get minreraised and call. Flop Kxx, check/check. Turn x, check/check. River x, check/check. Villain shows KK. lol? Later I get 99 in the blinds, LP downie raises I call. Flop Kxx FD, check/check/downie 1/5th pot bet. I type "lol" and call, lead turn 3/4bet/call/downie fold. Uh oh, no doubt he's got a King. River 9. Boom, shipit, holla. Possible weird straight but I'm good. 5/6bet/fold. lol? Downie and a FD chasing maggot. GG. I should have remembered from an earlier hand where I believe the chaser had 54 (pair+gutshot) and bluffed on the river. Got AA loads and didn't get stacked with them once, iirc. Managed to hit a set of them on the turn and I was hoping I was being slowplayed but alas no.

Holy shit, France beat Brazil. Did not expect that.

Goddamn motherfucking cocksuckers :) Dropped one buyin at a table of minraising fishes when my turned set of Aces lost to the shortstacks flopped nut straight...then he rivered the backdoor flush for good measure. Oh, and QQ got beat up on a Kxx FD flop in a reraised pot. And then...I doubled up a SS AQo v. 44, and 44 v. AA. Plus all the miscellaneous crap, missing every OESFD etc. Although I did take a nice pot off someone when he hit a backdoor flush and I hit a full house. Still didn't stack him, though. ~7BB/100 playing 15/8. My shorthanded experiment has put me in the black green for the month.

I think part of the reason I play 'better' at these stakes is the money doesn't matter which is both good and bad. Good in that I don't tilt much, I have no qualms about bluffing, or getting stacked as long as I think my play was 'good'. Bad in that winning hardly matters to me either. I think it's kind of tough to find a balance between the stakes not mattering and being able to play absolutely fearlessly (NO FEAR. NO FEAR AT ALL. GODDAMN). Which is where good bankroll management comes in. Me playing 400NL, multitabling even, with $2k was and is retarded. I thought weak-tight was some brilliant strategy and I couldn't really lose. Sure my winrate was low but pushing hugh postflop edges should mean constant growth with little variance. Uhuh. What a schmuck.

Also, from my experience so far, I don't think I can go back to fullring. It is just too slow, and so far my opponents in 6max are very, very beatable. I don't know if that's because of the stakes, though. I should really file another 8k hands where I am but I can't see myself doing that.