&>/dev/null

pirates, robots, ninjas; supercowpowers, fugu & geckos; fish & chips.

Sunday

Junk

The past week has been a bitch for me poker wise. From sun-sat playing 17h45m I'm +33bb, which is about 3.67bb/100 hands, or 1.83bb per hour. Pretty shitty really but it gets worse: I've been having terrible sessions (e.g. today I'm -26bb, what a great start to the week).

Why? A combination of bad luck and bad play on my part. The bad play has only lost me more but not prevented me from winning, e.g. playing 36o out of the Big Blind when it's checked round to me preflop. Flop is uncordinated crap but it has a 6, pot's big enough for me to call 0.5bb here so I do...and the turn's a 3. Two pair! So I bet the turn and it's raised by a tight fella to my left. Instantly I think to myself 'set' but when it's folded round to me I call. River pairs the board so he checks after me and turns over 33. Great read by me! Shame I threw 1bb away after I knew I was beat.

I haven't really had any premium-premium starting hands (AA-JJ) for awhile. I did get KK either today or yesterday but the river put 3x clubs(?) on the board so I lost to a flush (93s, great hand to call a preflop raise with, I'm sure). I've had a load of lower pocket pairs though but no sets. Of course, junk that I've thrown away (56o) have been hitting great on the flop (full-houses all over the place).

The previous week I was +111bb with only one losing session (-2bb). Last Sunday I lost 23bb and this Sunday 26bb. God.

Ach weil, thems the breaks I guess. I am trying to grow my bankroll enough to take a shot (25bb buy-in) at the next limit. Looks like I'll have to wait a little longer for that...

Also, I've completely lunched out on setting up a vmware poker machine so I can start multi-tabling. Why a dedicated machine? Well, vmware doesn't seem to like cutting edge kernels, and WINE doesn't work with all the poker clients.