&>/dev/null

pirates, robots, ninjas; supercowpowers, fugu & geckos; fish & chips.

Wednesday

Me too!

Daniel hates banks and so do I. Of course, he's got a whole lot more money than I do.

Ring telephone banking...
Me: I want to upgrade my account, please.
Them: Sure just give us digits 2 & 3 from your security number.
Me: What security number?
Them: The one you choose.
Me: Oh, I don't remember. It may written down somewhere, let me look...
Them: It's a 6 digit number your choose when you registered for telephone banking.
Me: Yeah, well, I've never used it before. I'm still looking.
Them: You'll have chosen it. Can you think of a number you may have chosen?
Me: Um, I guess X & X?
Them: No. You're now locked out of your account. Let me run through some security questions. What was the size of the payment you received on Dec 23rd?
Me: ...
Me: Let me logon to my account and I'll tell you. I think it was X but let me just check...
Them: It wasn't X. I have to take your first answer. You will no longer be able to use telephone banking. I suggest you go to your local branch.
Me: ...

Fucking cunts. So now I have to go into a branch (bit difficult without transportation...which is why I'm looking to upgrade my account). How convenient. At least it's possible during the holidays. During the working week it is impossible to do B&M banking unless you work within 5 minutes of one. Being over 30 minutes away I have to take time off for such dubious pleasures.