&>/dev/null

pirates, robots, ninjas; supercowpowers, fugu & geckos; fish & chips.

Tuesday

TF?

JJ, QQ, & QQ, right after they other. Jacks flop a set, I get payed off pretty big. 1st QQ hits a nightmare flop AhAdKd. Turn is another diamond, I call to the river hoping for a 4th diamond, miss, call the pussy bet but fold to the raise. Villain shows 7d9d. 2nd QQ flop only has a King. I throw out 0.5 pot bet. Guy raises me by going all-in (which is only just over a regular raise). I call, pick up a Queen on the turn.

Back to card death. Short-stack goes all-in preflop with A6o, get's called by A6o. rofl. Oooh, get KTo UTG. Fold. Wow, won 4BB with 69o from the BB. SUPER! AI A6o man is back at it. Oops, played QJo OOP (UTG+1), paired my Jack on a raggedy board (J5653r), bet flop, checked turn, bet river. A winner is me.

Doubled up in 45 minutes of straight forward play. Never really committed my stack to any one hand. The set of Jacks was close, I would have gone all-in but I didn't think he'd have called it. I just kept stringing him along. Flop 1/2 pot (don't scare 'em), turn exact same size (I think a 1/2 pot bet might have scared off callers), river double the turn bet (instacall). I think I could have made more here by betting more on the turn and river. Guy seemed like a calling station, or maybe I got my bet sizes just right.