&>/dev/null

pirates, robots, ninjas; supercowpowers, fugu & geckos; fish & chips.

Monday

Underachiving

...is not cutting it anymore.

I watched FD3 which was as expected. I then wasted more time by extracting the good bits of the sunbed scene (Ms. Simmons & Ms. Lowe). And now I have the Chilli's "Rollercoaster" stuck in my head.

A good question would be "why?" I guess I got a little obsessive. I wanted to extract those clips, I knew I could do it (sloppily, as it turns out; -ss is wildly inaccurate), so I worked on it until I had finished.

This is why I fail. It's part of my strategy, I pour effort into trivial pursuits and not into anything worthwhile. Then I bemoan my circumstances. I'm on a 'break' from poker when I need to be building a bankroll but instead I'm watching entertainments.

Interlude: Congrats Schneids. "He took them to valuetown!" is retarded. Having only a third of yourself in the tournament and then taking 1st is a bad beat.

Aside, why am I on a break from poker? Well, I realised that even in a 90/10 situation I still lose, and those losses can string together and wipe me out. That is why one has to be properly bankrolled. True, I was taking shots above my miserable roll but even after dropping down I saw that I could quite easily lose the entire thing through a series of bad beats. It would be unlikely -- assume an average of 60% equity (remember, I play tight-passive so this is not too unreasonable) whenever I push, 0.0001% of losing 10 buyins -- but quite possible. Yes, my roll is down to 10 buyins. I had ~26 and lost maybe 10 with with my shot taking, then I lost more when I dropped down because I couldn't stop the bleeding. Yes, there were a lot of bad beats but there was bad play (tilt) too.

So what can I do? I need an adequate bankroll. Should I stop playing ring and gambool in some tournaments? Should I feed my roll from my day job (FISH!)? I may try a few tourneys but I think I'm going have to suck it up and deposit. If I'm going to be playing high ROR (for my BR) I have to. Ego be damned. What worries me about that is I've deposited more than I think a 'winning player' should. Which of course begs the question...

I don't know. I seem to be getting my money in with great pot equity for the most part. Also, I realise my counterplay at 100NL was deeply flawed. There's a reason to LRR AA/KK. At 25NL I was getting around it by overbetting (because I still got calls from bad players and didn't give good players odds to set mine [of course, bad players still set mined...]). At 100NL I made the mistake of thinking people respect raises more (lol) and would be less inclined to play junk in a raised pot. Dumb I know. So yes, I need to either overbet ($15 raise? Ewww.) or LRR. LRR seems more likely to get a call from worse hands. But then again, semi-frequent overbetting still gets calls from premium hands which I'll be able to determine my equity postflop with pretty accurately.

It's getting late and again I've run away with myself without proviing anything of substance. So, uh, yeah, enjoy "Rollercoaster" clip thing.

DVD-writer fucked or some package broken? "S" at work liar? My life needs to get better and I need to make it happen. Ephiphanies of a post-adolsecent.

Same Bat time...