&>/dev/null

pirates, robots, ninjas; supercowpowers, fugu & geckos; fish & chips.

Tuesday

Stand

I'm going to let the previous post stand because I am feeling the ire again. Flush into fullhouse (I value raise the weak river bet on a paired board, duh), KK hits a AAT flop HU (I bet to fold a missed set, of course, called so fold turn. Next time I'm open pushing KK from the SB HU). So basically: I cannot win using cards but no one folds better hands. Ever. I bet OESD, blank turn. Of course. God forbid I make the nuts for a goddamn change.

And frankly, it's just a matter of time before I do top myself if my life continues as is. I'll just get some pipe and a shotgun shell then make some sort of firing pin. Easy. Until then, I'll continue in my silent misery.

To that end, back to Party. VPIP needs to drop to under 10 or something. I'll only play pairs, and then 22-QQ for set value. SCs are overated. Axs is overated. AK/AQ is overated. Stealing blinds is overated. Playing theoretically sound poker is overated. Straights and flushes are overated. Do I sound bitter? Funny thing is I don't know if I am joking or not. God.

I guess I'll tighten way the hell up, AA/KK have overpair value. JJ and QQ do not, typically. Drawing hands mostly suck. Straights are better disguised but they almost never get there (if you're me; be glad you are not). Damnit, I failed to raise Jacks full on the river because I thought he might have hit quads. HAHAH. I am retarded, seriously. He played that hand like a champ, checking when he hit his gutshot and raising on the paired river. Note to self: Do not fear quads, ever. I can't believe I actually did not raise. Wow.

Saying that, AK hits quads against AA but AA played it like a total retard. KK flop, K on river. Stack off? Um, no.

Called PFR with 87s, flop a FD. I check/fold. Um, why call? Need to b3b all-in if I'm calling preflop. And since I'm not rolled to play that way, I can't call preflop, even if 4 others do make it a highly call attractive.

On to nicer things. Prison Break finale was totally awesome. Oh, and I was mistaken about the Agent who looks like Lara Flynn Boyle. It's Michelle Forbes, some former ST:TNG actress. Anyvay, a real shame about the doctor, she did not deserve that death. Teabag deserved to get the chop, though. But I can't believe they missed the fucking flight after all that, god. The VP assassinating the President was kind of obvious.

24 was okay. Surprised to find Aaron alive still but whatever. The first Lady's little group will probably be responsible for destroying Logan while Bauer stops Bierko in the next two hours. Kind of an interesting scene with Henderson at the house. He could have been telling the truth about getting the guy to dump all his files but I think it quite likely that he could have actually been trying to escape. Like any good lie, it's almost impossible to know the truth.