&>/dev/null

pirates, robots, ninjas; supercowpowers, fugu & geckos; fish & chips.

Wednesday

Test, test, test

Eh, made a poker video...only I forgot to record the video. Sounds good! But anyway, I did play poker. and I played...okay. Two major losses that I recall: 1) AA v. extremely passive guy's top set. I paid off his valuebet on 4 to straight board even though I knew my hand was probably no good. 2) I bluffed a on a 4 to a straight, 4 to a flush board. Unfortunately, he had the straight and the 2nd nut flush. I maintain that without either of those it's extremely difficult to call there. 3) I folded JJ as an overpair against an aggressive bastard OOP on the turn. Why? Because even if my hand is good, I have to face a large bet on the river which my hand really can't stand. Other: 1) Turned top set with KK, board was 4 to straight, 3 to backdoor flush on the river. Aggressive bastard checked to me and I checked behind. Maybe I lost value but I don't see how he can call without the straight. Turns out he had bottom pair...

I did record the voice. I sound terrible. Deleted it since it's useless now. I did ramble and fail to finish my sentences, etc. Best part is when I couldn't remember what the numbers on my HUD meant.

All-in, not a terrible session. Lost some with my bluff, gained some on the top left table. Played 'okay' considering I haven't played in weeks.

Noticed that input via my transcoder is washed out. Grr. Maybe it's a dodgy cable. Maybe it's the actual transcoder. I obviously noticed 'weirdness' before but I put it down to the brightness adjustment I made for the Wii. Guess it's worse than that. Oh well, I solved that problem. The ghosting is caused by the transcoder. Fortunately I have a spare M/F VGA cable which I can now put to good use. It does mean manually switching the cable but it's better than looking at a washed out image.

Now it's back to the video problem...It would appear that capturing 1600x1200 is far too much for my system to handle and causes massive frame loss. I assume that's what causes the clockoverlay to tick so much faster than the clock it's recording. The clocks stay in sync when the capture area is smaller.