&>/dev/null

pirates, robots, ninjas; supercowpowers, fugu & geckos; fish & chips.

Friday

Why must everything be so fucking hard?

Missed coaching session. I managed to confuse the coach on the times. Go me.

Got Wii component cable. YPbPr transcoder doesn't support 576i or whatever so OF COURSE I have to enable 480p blind by using menu sounds. I actually got it first time after writing down the directions. Fucking Daredevil, right here.

Then I made the mistake of looking into streaming screen capture. Came across Istanbul which sounds ideal. Only, it doesn't work.

Which is great. gstreamer piping to icecast is the theory behind Istanbul but...IT DOESN'T work. I'm not sure if the gstreamer plugin or icecast is the culprit. However, I will tell you that I have 3 different versions of gstreamer installed. Quite a mess for Debian. And Istanbul bundles it's own version of the ximagesrc plugin for whatever reason. I have posted on the icecast forum but I'm not hopeful. Searching for gstreamer/shout2send got no hits. I also asked in the gstreamer irc channel but so far no one has responded.

Restarted Zelda in 480p. It looks 100% better. Even the Weather channel looks awesome now. However...I AM AT THE FUCKING FISH BIT AGAIN. ARGGGGGGGGGGG. I got one "FISH ON!" when I was dropping the controller to google something. And that's the only one so far. Don't forget, I need to catch two fish here.

Oh, I forgot to mention that my fucking vidcard nearly died. I was getting an error after X crashed that there was no power going to my card. Uh oh. Powered off, unplugged it, plugged it back in. No goot. Crap. Powered off, unplugged it, took out an extension and plugged it back in. Works. WTF? I don't see how that extension got fucked but whatever I'm just glad my vidcard ain't dead.

I still haven't had a shower nor eaten yet and it's 2am.