&>/dev/null

pirates, robots, ninjas; supercowpowers, fugu & geckos; fish & chips.

Tuesday

Happy Hogswatch

Oddly I went to bed at 10pm and awoke at 2am. With nothing better to do I decided to watch "Hogfather".

Before I get into that, PT, even though I thought it was "guaranteed" to work, failed miserably. It ended up dumping all my exported HHs into the wrong database and keeping the full histories. So fucking annoying. I wish I'd have caught it earlier. Ended up dropping link and recreating it. It now seems to be shoving HHs into the right place for now. I have zero in link right now which is how it should be.

Anyway, Hogfather was about as good as it could be. Cast and production was excellent but...well, it didn't seem to have a whole lot of heart. I'm not saying performances were flat, because they weren't really, it's just Pratchett's work is pretty dry to start with. While that may be enjoyable to read, it's not that enjoyable to watch. I also found Death's voice not quite right but, face it, no actual voice is going to match the one I have in my head. Notables: David Jason was excellent as Albert, Ridcully (I'm not going to pretend to have heard of Joss Ackland), and Susan herself. Yes, lovely Susan was excellent. Actually, Susan's wards were pretty darn good as well and since I normally hate children in films that deserves special mention. Uh, the O-God of Hangovers was kind of a negative. No offence to the actor. It's just not very funny, Mr. Pratchett. Sorry. In fact, I was kind of disappointed with just how unfunny most of it was but, meh, maybe I've grown out of Discworld.

New crush: Michelle Dockery. She seems to be pretty unknown but clearly she enjoys Discworld and is stunningly beautiful. She has more even features than Elisha Cuthbert whom she closely resembles. Smallish chest but I'm talking about a crush here not some depraved erotic fantasy. I have more than enough of them.

...K. I see that I'm not up to date with my Discworld novels. Oh, that's okay, it's just a children's book. Forgive me but I haven't read Wee Free Man or Hat Full of Sky either.

Sequel? Maybe. I would say it would have to be another Death/Susan/Auditors story which means Thief of Time.