&>/dev/null

pirates, robots, ninjas; supercowpowers, fugu & geckos; fish & chips.

Thursday

Truisms

I'm also beginning to see why some of the things I've read are true, e.g. playing the player is more important than the cards.

Earlier I was in the BB and dealt 52o or somesuch. It's checked on every street until the river where someone donk bets his ace-high, I fold but he gets one caller. I folded the winning hand! I'm not really that bothered about this particular instance, though. A pair of deuces, no kicker is very rarely worth anything at all (especially when there's 3 to a flush on board). I folded because my play told him I really had no holding at all. If I had tried c/r him on the river, I would have only been called by a hand that had me beat.

Um, I'm not sure where I'm going with that. Only to say that my monster hands (pocket Aces, set of 10's, straight J-7) didn't even get called. So in every case I would have won just as much had I played any two cards the same way. Had I been called I would have won anyway but, since I've shown myself to be a dependable TAG, I don't get calls when I show huge amounts of strength.

I don't know, I just think it's interesting that on some levels the actual cards don't matter at all. I do use my TAG image to bluff/semi-bluff occassionally but most of my large bets/raises/all-ins I want someone to call me. Since I don't get a lot of calls, mixing in LAG play could be very profitable.