&>/dev/null

pirates, robots, ninjas; supercowpowers, fugu & geckos; fish & chips.

Wednesday

Giggily?

Google services (Blogger and Gmail) aren't really working for me. Well, blogger is slow but gmail is totally unreachable. So I guess some monkey has buggered the routing (hops 9-14 are all '* * *' but I forget what that means...). Which is nice since I actually wanted to use my account for the first time in two months.

Poker whine was cut short yesterday so here's the end of it: KQs twice, first time I called $2 AI with 6 outs (pot would have had to have been ~$14). Duh. Second KQs I think I bought the pot with a decent bet.

Pocket 9's nearly got me in to trouble but I decided to lay it down. The winner of that hand had pocket 10's and a pair of Kings on the board. Good job I didn't stick around to the river. Although, saying that an agressive bet may have forced a fold.

Pocket 10's also lost me some money. I raise from EP, raised, and then reraised from LP (largest stack at the table; 4+ buy-ins) and SB (short-stack). I should have probably reraised here to something obscene but I'd have probably lost to the SB. Since I just called I saw a flop with three low diamonds on it. SB bets 50bb. Now, I'm really sure that the flush doesn't help him any more than it helps me, and since I have Td I think I'm probably ahead. I contemplate raising but while I'm pretty sure I can beat the SB, the LP raiser is another matter. I think about it for a bit before folding. Big stack raises to 100bb. SB calls, I can't remember if that put him all-in or if he went on the turn; either way he ends up AI, big stack shows K4s, SB is bust, and I'm glad I got away from it when I did. I hope that I would have folded a flopped set here too but somehow I doubt it.

Should this make me jealous? Abso-fucking-lutely. Then you have Daniel talking about all the million dollar bankroll 20-somethings. I think to myself, why the hell am I so late to the table? Will I ever get there? The way things are progressing so far, probably not, but who knows? Unless the poker industry stops growing in the next 18 months then I don't see why I can't enjoy some level of success. 500k/100k/10k BR would be awesome, and completely life changing. Even if I could only earn exactly what I make now by playing poker it would change my life. With that kind of freedom I would just travel the world. I quite fancy somewhere tropical...