&>/dev/null

pirates, robots, ninjas; supercowpowers, fugu & geckos; fish & chips.

Saturday

Fell at the first fence

Eh, bet £10 on the National and my horse didn't make it over the first fence. Standard.

Meh, guess it wasn't a longshot for nothing. Glad I didn't bet on the two favourites I was considering...or "Jack High".

P-p-poker. Wow, fuck poker. I misplayed Aces once by going for a LRR, missing, then paying off a shortstacks flopped two pair that improved to a full house ("hey, the board pairing is good for my overpair as it hurts his two pair hands...oh, snap"). My Hiltons ran into what looked like quad Tens. Of course, he could have had a smaller FH but probably not. End of story: WtSD=14%, W$SD=0%, -29BB/100. VPIP is still too high (14%), I need to fold crap like ATo more often. One set (AA) but that didn't get action. Kind of hoping for set over set in my favour there but no luck.

What really pisses me off is this isn't the usual suckouts it's bad play. Continuely making -EV plays adds up and costs me, and I don't suckout enough when behind. I'm not playing standard TAG and I'm not nutpeddling correctly so I'm hit with the worst from both worlds. WtSD should be low but W$SD should be stupidly high. ARR.

Melissa Theuriau, enjoy.

Oh yeah, the two 2.6.16 kernel patchsets I tried (beyond1 & archck2) both royally fucked up VMware. Probably a reiser4 thing.

Played another poker session and managed to recover half of my losses from yesterday at one table. At the other it was the same old story (never hit a flop). Big pots: AA flops set against calling stations KQo. QQ on an Ace high flop. I was playing QQ for set value but villains (who had raised, then reraised preflop) showed that they were afraid of the Ace. I'm pretty sure the reraiser had JJ since KK would have probably called my river value bet.

Pretty fly for a fly guy!

Seems ROW beat the USA in the SSNL donkament. I have to play HU sometime. Pretty sure I'll lose (having never played HU before) but meh.

Rewatched HSPe12. Greenstein's set of ducks amuses me endlessly. After Phil semi-bluffs at the pot then Barry raises $25K straight Daniel and Antonio start cracking up. It's so obvious Greenstein probably has a hand and yet Phil bluff calls. Then Buss' comment: "He sounds like a rapper", LOL. King of the donkamentsis being destroyed at that table.

Chan: Good luck, gentlemen...and lady...[notices dealer] ladies.
Greenstien: That's no lady, that's Jennifer!

Baddaboom.

I feel like shit today. Was coming down with flu anyway and getting my nose busted doesn't help. Throat is rough as fuck and I'm choking down phelm.

Sweet Sophie, man, I think I need to go to Budapest on holiday. Fuck Vegas. East European women for teh win.

Mmm, Shana Hiatt.