&>/dev/null

pirates, robots, ninjas; supercowpowers, fugu & geckos; fish & chips.

Tuesday

My little pot

Ugh, I am hitting flops but my opponents aren't hitting them enough against me. E.g. I call a raise with 44, flop a set on an Ace-high FD flop and the PFR checks it. Oh, good, going for the C/R. I oblige him by betting and he folds. "I hate JJ" he says. UGH, I hate the fact that you raise JJ from EP and C/F an Ace-high flop.

I did win a largish pot but villain folded to my B3B on the turn. I assume he was raising me light, however, with the FD live, and a straightening board I couldn't slowplay.

And, of course, it seems every time villain actually makes a hand that he's willing to invest in, I miss the board completely.

But I did flop quads! I lead the flop from EP and everyone folded. Standard.

Oh, super standard. I get 3bet all-in PF and get shown AA. I think I am folding KK preflop. -1 buy-in but I was +1 buy-in from sucking out with KK before. I'm undecided at whether to continue my shot at this point, although I am only -$10 net.

I think, I think, that without a read, KK becomes a fold preflop as standard at 200NL. That is twice in two sessions that I've been pushed against only to be shown Aces. First time he played it weirdly and I guess a call could have been justified. Second time I probably should have folded but didn't. Actually, both times I had a sick feeling that they were pushing because they hoped I was strong enough to call.

When does it become my time to have AA in this fucking matchup? Probably sometime never.