&>/dev/null

pirates, robots, ninjas; supercowpowers, fugu & geckos; fish & chips.

Thursday

Fuck August

So, my August has been small heater (wow, hands getting action and holding!), downswing (wtf, nothing ever holds, no action), small heater (ah, that's better, hands are holding, bluffs are working, action), downswing (are you fucking kidding me? I thought we were past this). Result? A little over even. Result without bad play? Not much more over even.

Jesus, wtf is with this game. I flop two sets, they both hold. +200BB in 17 minutes. Equity in those pots? Um, set against top pair and top two against turned QUADS. So pretty much 100%. That puts me at what? 2BB/100? Wheeee.

IF, I had sucked out on a higher set and been resucked out on it would have been, like, the sickest thing ever and I would win BBV (since quad sixs don't qualify for the BBJ). However, that quad hand did cost me some expectation since I picked up QQ shortly after and folded preflop to an oversize raise because I didn't want to lose profits. UGH. FWIW, flop was Kxxr, tilter bet and folded to the other guys raise.

I did post a modified version of the KK v. AA hand on 2p2 showing myself check/folding the flop and seeing if I got berated for the fold. So far the expert analysis I have receieved consists of: "gross" & "If you're gonna pull stupid stunts like this, you'd be better off shoving preflop." Which I really don't know how to interpret. Honestly. Are they berating me for folding (which is the true intention of the post) or are they saying fold to the 4bet? I know, I know. "The fourth raise is always Aces." The hilarious thing is, VP posts a 10/20 (or maybe 5/10) hand which is very similar and everyone jumps on his cock saying how tough it was and that a c/f isn't bad. Granted, he was significantly deeper stacked but still.