&>/dev/null

pirates, robots, ninjas; supercowpowers, fugu & geckos; fish & chips.

Thursday

20K

MEEH. There must be over 100K hands in my Party dir. 125 files...must be an average of ~100 hands a file. I won't get in any fucking hands again tonight while PT is being a dog. I told you it was a bad beat.

Figure: 4PTBB/100 winner (I strongly think I am at least this now) -> $16/hr per table -> 4+ tables = a $40-$80 hourly. Which isn't bad. Means I need to put in probably another 50-100 hours at 1/2NL. Although...possibly much less. Which is just as well, really, since I want to be part of MSNL and not relegated.

Although, to be fair, some of the 200NL posts (possibly my own) do belong in SSNL, e.g. "limp 77 preflop, 7QQr flop. What should I do?" Duh.

In other news, I got this poll right. I find it very, very interesting that Cero recommends checking TT in the BB there because that is my default play. Sure, sometimes I'll raise 2 or fewer weaklimpers but my raise is 'standard' not some pussy crap. He raised 4.5BB with 3 limpers OOP. That is fucking terrible. He needs to either raise to $24+ or ~$12 (I hate sweeteners). Cero's point about reopening the betting is not really valid at these stakes, though. However, better than simply identifying the mistake correctly, my reasoning for not generally raising TT there is the same as Cero's. Perhaps I do have some aptitude for this game afterall. Also, the point others made about having a raising range wide enough from the BB that you don't offer good implied odds for SCs/PPs is a good one. There is nothing worse than calling a PFR with a PP/SC and hitting the flop only to have the PFR fold before you extract the necessary value. Also, see NLTAP p.105.

Anyway, Pat brushes me off with a copy & paste. BASTARD! (Note: "BASTARD!" is an obligatory poll option in BBV, I am not actually angry everytime I use it.) Meh. I will also clusterfsck after the two big imports and then vacuum/analyze. Woot, PP finished. Took 4 something hours and only 20K hands. God, let's see how long FT takes.

Hey, Nick, screw you! Not only does he win loadsa monies by tourney donking but he has an uber hot girlfriend (allegedly, I haven't seen pictures...I don't know if that makes it more or less likely to be true but it does mean he's not an insecure jerk so good for him) with an uber hot car. Plus he's fixing to do some high stakes tennis hustling on Gus Hansen. Geez!

A GIS for "channing" is, uh, unhelpful.

Only a third as many FT files so hopefully it might be done before I hit the hay. Out.