&>/dev/null

pirates, robots, ninjas; supercowpowers, fugu & geckos; fish & chips.

Friday

Slow and steady

Finally spoke to Cero_z! Interesting...not sure if it's $200 worth of interesting but interesting nonetheless.

01h:27m:06s £-1.32 (USA). Sipgate rocks. Except little bad line quality at times (may have been on my end, perhaps). Oh, and 5 minutes before I was due to phone him I realised that my hardphone was FUBARed. Of course, of course.

Cero didn't tell me too much I didn't already know, which is good because it was a foundation lesson. He recommended Super System II. I'm not going to give away the whole lesson but we talked a bit of preflop at the end and I was kind of surprised. Basically, any position open AK, PPs, Axs, & SCs. Which is kind of a surprising range. Also, he said to fold all but AA/KK/AK to a 3bet (at 1/2NL); QQ is just a bluff catcher. Semi-interesting. I go to him because I think I'm a nit and he tells me to be more nitty! :) I won't, obviously list it all but I have no idea what VPIP/PFR that gets you. Personally, I have been trying to play 22/16 (obviously not getting there).

Quote BigJim:

UTG/UTG+1: A7s+ AJo+ KTs+ KQo 9Ts+ 22+
MP: Same as above + Axs QTs+ and start adding more SCs / one gappers
CO/BN: Same as above + Kxs Q8s+ J8s+ all SCs suited one gappers, A7o+ Any two broadway, and a bunch of offsuit connected junk.
SB: About the same as MP, but a bit looser.
As I get to know the table, I'll widen or narrow these ranges as I feel appropriate, and I don't ALWAYS raise the weakers hands in t hese ranges.
I at about 22/16 + 2

Anyway, tried playing Cero's recommened preflop strategy on FTP. Only 166 hands but 7.2/5.4. Wheeee, the nit just got nittier. However, 22.8PTBB/100 (+$151). OMGOSH. Well, that payed for that lesson...

I kid, I kid. Probably haven't seen enough hands to see what my true stats look like after playing like that over a larger sample. Also, wow, FTP is amazing. I only have $600 on there (maximum deposit) and I don't know if I am going to be adding more. Compared to Prima, lol, it owns. Software and, infinitely more important, the games are so much better. Goddamn do I regret pissing away 4 buyins on Prima when there are uberdonks on FTP. I mean uber. I was running 7/5 and still got action on my 3bets. 3bet AA cold called by AKo from the BB; KK 3bet got called not only be the opener but by the caller...and the opener only had ~$8 left in his stack on the flop. Yes, I bet slightly under pot...by $8 or so but look at the caller's stack!

So, yeah, Full Tilt has good games. However...Younghov17 (or whatever) was not wrong: It's slow as hell. Seriously, hands per hour can not be high there. But then it does say 70+ in the lobby so...

Anyway, I have 27% RB on Party now (yay!) but I'm having trouble getting money back on there since I can't use my debit card. Neteller is cumbersome. Hopefully, though, moving money will be an asynchronous process :) Only have $500 on there now so, obviously, it's not worth playing 2 tables. At least on Full Tilt I could play on 3! So, yeah, I need to drop more money on to Party after my transfer to Neteller clears. I probably won't drop more money onto Full Tilt unless I busto but I will try and always have 1 or 2 FT tables open if it's possible and/or necessary for game selection.

So, yeah, happy with my lesson, happy with sipgate (I may have to pull some pranks with that; I forgot to mention that my number is 01337xxxxxx, ha!), and happy with FT. Semi-decent evening.