&>/dev/null

pirates, robots, ninjas; supercowpowers, fugu & geckos; fish & chips.

Saturday

Moran

Geez, I play great but shortstack moron behind me fucks it up. Raise A7 UTG+1, moran calls, BB minraises and we all see a flop. J3Q, a good but not great flop for me. BB hesitates and checks. Hello top/middle set! I check because I no I have zero FE and he will probably C/R. Fucking retart shortstack bets pot when it's checked to him. YOU DOWNIE FUCK. BB minraises, like duh. I can't call (well, assuming I hit and get all-in on the turn I could call but that's unrealisticly optimistic). I fold, downie shortstack folds. God I hate shortstacks.

Check JTo in the BB, TTxdd flop. Lead, SB times down and calls. SB check/minraises me on the turn. I WONDER WHAT YOU HAVE, HUH? Only question is if my Jack kicker is good or not. Probably not. I call minraise, of course. Jack of diamonds on the river. Well, rivering the nuts is fun times. He VBs, I push for $125 more. I think he's folding but he calls at the last minute. I like to think I can fold to his VB but I doubt it.

TT in the BB, I call button's open. Flop is semi-coordinated unders, two spades. I donk, he calls. UH. Turn puts 4 to a straight out, I check, he checks. River puts another straight card out but nothing on board, magic card is a seven or something. I check, he checks. JJ goot for him. I lose $18 overpair v. overpair OOP. Shipit?

Because that's what differeniates winning players from losing: Winning more when ahead, losing less when behind. It's obvious really, you're there to win bets not pots.

I seem to have these little bouts of euphoria when I'm playing & running well. When I'm pushing all-in on a drawy flop and getting called by TPGK I think I'm a genius. When I do the same and they show 2pair+ I think I'm retarded.

Fact of the matter is calling big bets without big hands is the biggest mistake in NLHE. That's why calling stations are the most profitable opponents. So, almost everytime you can beat top pair against an unknown it is not a mistake to shovel chips in. Against special opponents it's even +EV to shovel them in with TPTK since they will call with less.

That is why the biggest mistakes I have made this month stand out as calling too big of a bet with too weak of a hand. From memory: KK on Axxcc flop; TT on 3-spade turn; QQ on 43x flop, King turn; & QQ v. KK. Hopefully I can learn from these. However, where I'm pushing overpairs and running in to 2pair+ is just variance, as far as I'm concerned, since I know I get called by smaller pairs quite frequently.