&>/dev/null

pirates, robots, ninjas; supercowpowers, fugu & geckos; fish & chips.

Sunday

The good

Well, I gots some free money: Posted my BB, got dealt KK. Raise, SB 3bets. Hmmm, best way to play? Push. He makes a call with QQ. I flop top set, he doesn't make a straight for once.

That was the good, this is the bad: 3bet AKo from the blinds, 50VPIP loose-passive buddy limp calls with Q6o (I think he called the original raise). Flop is a disarming KQT. I bet, he calls. Turn is the 6 of hearts giving me TPTK+FD+gutshot (IIRC, I may not have had the gutshot). I don't know what to do but I think I probably need to get all-in so I bet and call his push. Of course, of my 21 outs (3A+2K+3T+4J+9H) I hit none. Booyah!

Just to add: KQT6 board and he not only thinks Q6o is worth a call on the flop (wow, you beat JJ...and only JJ) but thinks that some crappy two pair is good on the turn. Um? I can have any of the sets, including 66 if I'm feeling frisky and repoped that pf. I can have the flush. I can have the straight. I rarely 3bet KQ/QTs but I can have those too. So what part of my range is Q6o good against, exactly? Oh, yes, that's right the one hand I actually had with 21 outs (~44% equity) on the turn. Don't worry, I can run bad forever.

Another 'bad' instance was when I had JJ against a laggy tag and a shortstack. I called from the SB with JJ...flop was T26dd. I check, shortstack bets, PFR calls...and I check/raise trying to get all-in against the shortstack. The PFR then 3bets. WTF? The guys stats were ~25/~19/12, iirc. Admittedly I put myself in a bad spot by just calling preflop but his play makes almost no sense. What is he smooth calling with on that scary board? And then deciding it's good enough to push? I mean, it really makes no sense to slowplay a big hand like a set that way...and it doesn't make a lot of sense to play a FD like that either.

The ugly: All-in pf with AA...against AA. Bah.