&>/dev/null

pirates, robots, ninjas; supercowpowers, fugu & geckos; fish & chips.

Saturday

Computer hand

Meh. Played some pokerpoker. Not doing too well. My VPIP/PFR aren't high enough either. Not going to relate the bad beats (bottom two, runner-runner 4 card straight, etc.) but one hand does bear mentioning. Guy minraises (lol...), I 3bet AKo in the SB, BB who's been policing me/floating me/annoying me coldcalls & minraiser folds. Flop is 2Jx, I cbet, BB calls. Turn is a 9x, I double barrel it. He calls again. River is a blank, I check, he checks Q9o. Fantastic play there: Cold calling 3bet with it, calling flop with no pair no draw, calling turn with a low second pair in 3bet pot. I mean, obviously he's giving money away JUST NOT TO ME. That's kind of a key point.

Anyway, I'm not entirely sure LAG is the correct play (at these stakes) because the most frequent mistake people make is calling too much. Like in GP's 3/6 video where he's on 'life tilt' and keeps betting pot he says "These players are so bad that their either calling or folding, never raising, so I can get away with potting it." At these stakes, however, people don't call or fold they only call. The more aggressive players try and win every pot by floating (in position...sometimes seemingly OOP too), the weaker players call every flop bet with such a huge range of hands it's staggering. See my Q9o rant above.

Another thing I have noticed is that some players 3bet stupidly at these levels. I know people 3bet light all the time at 1/2+ but this is another level. They 3bet total junk quite often, and also they call with random crap that I would consider a clear fold, e.g. Guy opens A9s OTB, BB 3bets 98o...I mean, it worked out great for A9s since he flopped a flush draw and turned a flush only having to call one bet postflop. Better still, 98o pushed all-in. Great result, terrible play. Because what does A9s do when he doesn't flop a flush draw or trip 9's? Check and fold because you have no high pair value and no connectivity. B-but it's suited! I would much rather call with something connected there, and I'm sure that's the winning play. Axs in a 3bet pot I imagine is breakeven at best...

Anyway, whatever. One thing I'm trying to make sure of now is that I keep the pots that I have small hands in under 40BB and that I always have a big hand if the pot goes over that. This means no 3rd barrel ever. Why? Because people call far too much at these stakes. I also think if I do 3rd barrel it's going to be just small enough to fold a busted draw. No more.