&>/dev/null

pirates, robots, ninjas; supercowpowers, fugu & geckos; fish & chips.

Tuesday

Carson

Well, wow, Carson is dead in SGA. He will be greatly missed.

Wouldn't you have hated to be the hapless disposal expert, though? Talk about being slightly overshadowed.

What does this mean for the series? Beginning of the end? Losing a central character like that is pretty pivotal, and the tumour weapon seems like it can end the war. Part of me says they should. I mean, I love it but I don't know if I can take 10 seasons, and frankly looking at some of the SG1 episodes that I've seen, it's all over the freaking place. Dr. Weir assumes command in 8x19 and is gone by 9x01. I know these are production related problems but they're still major glitches. But if they can maintain continuity and high production values in SGA, I'll happily watch (if they can't, I'll unhappily watch...).

Oh, I haven't mentioned this I see: Trashed vmware image. By default, snapshots are enabled but with the free version I'm running you're limited to one. Only...I managed to have several, through some software error. Which presented a problem because I couldn't merge them (snapshots are deltas of the...original data) and I was trying to free space. I ended up modifying the original data (not by much, as soon as I realised that I was loading the original file, I powered off the machine but it was enough) so that all deltas no longer worked. Oh bugger.

So, I reloaded everything. Not that much, really. Firefox, 7-zip, Pokertracker, psql-driver, PAHUD, Sixthsense, FullTilt, AHK & scripts, VLC, and WMP10. That meant finding registration keys/usernames and configuring. Now it seems setup. I was intending to run the backup with an immutable disk so as I could mine more tables but 'FullTiltTableOpener' doesn't work in observer mode. Hmm, just looked at the script and there may be a way to fix that. Um, no, and even if possible, observers don't actually store HHs and I'm not willing to create an account for that purpose. I've heard FT takes a harsh stance if you start dicking around with multiple accounts and bizarre logins. Plus there is obviously a temptation to collude with myself. Even now I'm eyeing TOR...but the problem with that is, and I don't much care about the ethics because I'm sure it is being done, it's easy to get caught and you lose a lot (all funds & ability to use network). Hmm, maybe if I created multiple dataminer accounts and attempted to anonymize them while logging out my main account...Bah! Too much effort, too little reward.

Guess I'll just have to learn how to win at poker.

Just to add, I'm trying to download Fearless from abm.divx as it's being posted. 19/120 files, don't think I'll be able to watch it tonight :(