&>/dev/null

pirates, robots, ninjas; supercowpowers, fugu & geckos; fish & chips.

Sunday

Flush rush

I know I complain that I don't make draws often enough but I seemed to get there quite often yesterday. Flopped spade flush over flush (mine was only 7 or 9 high, his was 32s...OOP), got it all-in. Same table I get KQ the very next hand but we don't see a flop, IIRC. Hand right after that I get A9 UTG...I decide to pass on it and the flop comes all spades (357, IIRC) and a guy pushes on it. Damn, I could have stacked someone again! Or maybe been owned by the straight-flush.

Um, I also hit a bingo flop with T9s: A49ss, pair+FD. There's a bet, I raise, obviously. Guy calls...Turn is an Ace and he half pots into me. UGH. I don't like that card for two reasons: If I raise, I have little to no FE against an Ace. If I call, I may be drawing dead. But I call. 7 of spades on the river, he pots putting me all-in. Fuck. Oh well, I can't get away now but I don't like it. 44. Yup. The biggest fish at the table stacks me and a few hands later leaves. Of course.

I'm not sure what to make of that hand. Nitty me might have folded the turn in order to avoid such a situation. It also pisses me off because the cards came perfectly for the way he played it but that's a flop I am happy getting it all-in on.

Found a guy who plays 65/40/2.x. WTF? And the thing is, I recognise the name from 1/2NL but I don't recall him being that god awful. Now, however, he plays terribly preflop which, even though I think he does play well postflop, can not be profitable. He also varies his bet sizes preflop based on his hand: minraise, pot, 1.5x pot. I can only speculate what those mean but I saw him minraise T2s UTG. I imagine overbetting preflop is either done with premium hands or perhaps all pairs. Um, so, I don't know how this guy can be profitable but he's playing multiple tables. I can only assume he's big gambler. And, even though he's not as fishy as those stats might suggest, he's definitely buddy listed.

Just looked on newegg and a P5W is only £85. Yeah, Americans don't show tax on the list price but come on.