&>/dev/null

pirates, robots, ninjas; supercowpowers, fugu & geckos; fish & chips.

Friday

Hardon

Well...seven hours or so later, I can report that it's pleasantly challenging. I cruised though the first few GDI missions easily but Act III is proving much more difficult. Croatia: Oh, defend this underpowered base against 3 Nod bases until re-enforcements arrive...oops, they're pinned down, better go rescue them too. Hard as fuck. Once I had managed to get the MCV back (by the skin of my teeth), I immediately followed the upgrade path to get railguns. Then I took whatever ground forces I could north to destroy the main ground assult Nod enemy (north would send vehicles, east infantry, south aircraft). A lot of casualties there. Then bulldozed the eastern bastards. The southerns were inaccessible to ground troops but I eventually destroyed them...by the time I did, their aircraft were all elite units and dealing stupid amounts of damage.

The next mission, however, is a total bastard. Eva: "Engineer killed" FSCK! Little fuckers die far too easily. You have a tiny force to try and infiltrate a Nod base. 5 tanks, 3 APCs, 2 pitbulls, & 4 squads of elite infantry (2 riflemen, 2 grenadiers) plus a battle base. Yes, that's enough to take out a map full of Nod. Fucking accountant and his retarded strategy. Next time, I'm preserving one in an APC and trying to take the assimilation target as quickly as possible with the even smaller force.

I don't know how much poker I'll get through this weekend. I seem to mostly hate it at the best of times...

FTS has gone commercial. Why not? I mean, I'll probably pay it but it is after all A FUCKING SCRIPT so it may be hackable. If it is easy to do, great, save $20. If it looks like a nightmare, fine, pay $20. W/E.

Just give that mission one more go...