&>/dev/null

pirates, robots, ninjas; supercowpowers, fugu & geckos; fish & chips.

Friday

Damnit

AJo UTG. Limp but fold to button's raise. Flop: JJ7. Lucky me. This is a lose my stack or take his situation because I'd have pushed over his c-bet. If he had J7, I'd have been screwed. Table is shorthanded now so last orbit.

Uh oh, QQ UTG+1. I raise 3BB, reraised to 7BB by BB, I call and so do two others. Flop: 9c7hAc. Crap. Checked round, button bets 1/3 pot. Everyone calls. Turn: 2h. Checked through. River: 3c. If anyone was playing for the flush, they just got their hand. Checked through. If I have position I'm betting 4th and 5th streets for value. Being second to act a raise from behind makes me nervous. BB shows JJ, no one has an Ace, I win $15 pot (invested $4).

I leave up $10. Better than nothing. I had a few PP but didn't hit any sets. I must be due to hit some soon.

Once I'm up enough on my 'shot' BR (+$33 right now), I'll take a swing at 50NL. I think my counterplay (eschew small edges, push large) is fine up to 100NL. Maybe even higher on pacific. After that, standard play probably becomes optimal once again.

I also want to learn to deal with my Limit problem because NL games start getting tough pretty soon whereas Limit games remain soft at much higher stakes.