&>/dev/null

pirates, robots, ninjas; supercowpowers, fugu & geckos; fish & chips.

Monday

Set goals

TT in the SB, complete. There's one limper and the BB checks. Hit top set, minbet. Fold & fold. FFS. Such a waste. Wish I'd checked that but there was a flush draw.

New table. AdKd on the button, CO raises to $2, I call (?!). Flop is all black with high card Ten. Fold to c-bet. TT UTG. Miss flop, of course, and there's a King staring at me. Fold to someone obviously buying the pot. Hehe, board shows a straight King high (making any Ace the nuts). Guy who made over $100 at my last table is getting lucky here too. Check/called with 44 to the river where he makes a full house.

olol, somone tried bluffing against quads on the river (3 on the board). No harm in bluff betting but calling off you stack? I don't care if you do have a one card full house. Uh oh, QQ in the BB. Flop is Jack high with a flush draw. I pot it, folds. I only limped in with Hiltons since they're so vulnerable multiway and I doubt I'm folding all the limpers with a PFR. Looks like lucky just had his Aces or Kings busted by KQs. Unlucky. Ducks (22) in MP! Miss the flop. Lucky is sitting out after losing his winnings and some of his buy-in.

Lucky's back but not doing so well. 22 again, call PFR set hunting. Miss.

Back to work tomorrow, oh joy. Early mornings suck. If only I was bankrolled for 200NL :)

Fold 95o, would have drawn a a full house. Lucky's about to bust out. I'll take skill over luck any day. Jesus, someone limped KK. WTF? Lucky rebuys. Lucky wins with KK. Lucky quits. Person he was picking on beats QQ with Q9s. Last orbit for me, I can't be arsed. T9s from SB, pair Ten but no redraws and no kicker. Someone half pot bets and I fold. /quit -$2.

2006 Goals

1st quarter: Get properly bankrolled for 25NL. Sure, my style of play doesn't seem to hit that much variance but some security would be a good thing. I also want to improve my play and winrate.

2nd & 3rd quarters: BR'd for 50NL. BR'd for 100NL. Start mixing in LAG elements, perhaps. Start playing small stakes Limit. Quit my job depending on winrate @ 100NL. Quitting is only feasible since a) my job sucks b) has no prospects & c) pays bugger all. If I had a decent job then I wouldn't quit until I had a much larger BR/winrate. I only need to average $500 per week to quit. According to counterplay you can expect to win 1 buy-in for every 8hrs of play. That's 160 table hrs at 25NL or 80hrs at 50NL or 40hrs at 100NL. Considering I expect to be 4-tabling by this point that's 40hrs/20hrs/10hrs. Wow, 10hrs of multitabling vs. 45hrs of working my balls off. If I do become a full time player I don't really want to be playing more than 30hrs a week.

4th quarter: BR'd for 200NL/400NL & $5/$10 Limit. That's $10k. Be a winning player at $5/$10.

If this does work out, I'm not going to buy a car or a house. I do have some idea where most of the inital profits are going but ideally I want to be travelling & sustaining myself by playing poker (while building a roll). I will need to seek professional advice since I know that winnings from gambling in the UK (and SE?) are tax exempt. However, I know that in the US they are taxable. I don't want to get screwed by taxes.