&>/dev/null

pirates, robots, ninjas; supercowpowers, fugu & geckos; fish & chips.

Sunday

Downswing

So looking at my log, I'm down about $10 at 25NL. Sucky sucky. All due to my breaking my rule and going all-in with less than a set. But I was WA (whine!).

TT in the newbie blind, I check/call preflop (counterplay!), flop is AAQ. 10% chance of flopping a set, right? Jesus.

SS goes all-in preflop with AA, doubles up. Reload? Instead of winning $5 you could win a full buy-in.

AA, raise to 1.50, button calls, SB goes all-in. Thank you! I'm happy getting it all in preflop with AA. Board doesn't help me or him (777TJ). He shows KK. Unlucky, but only two people call you here and you don't beat either one.

I'm glad that went HU, I'd have been slightly uncomfortable pushing on that flop 3 handed. But if someone flopped quads (0.01% chance) then I pay them off.

BB: AQs. Pick up a flush draw, bet flop, check turn and river. Miss flush and lose to a pair of Fives.

Guy on my left is sitting on nearly 5 buy-ins. I need to try to get him to double me up, if possible. He's quite a solid player, though, so I'm going to have to have the nuts vs. his 2nd nuts or something like that. I have less than half his stack but I'm second largest at the table. KK man reloaded, probably wants to get his money back.

UTG: Limp QJo OOP. Miss flop, go into c/f mode. Button: Limp 76s, flop 6AQ. C/F. Damn, turn is another 6.

Guy on my left takes another stack with T8o, straight Ten high. Wins again with AQo, Ace high flush. Can I get some of that luck?

Back to card death. Pair my 98o coming out of the BB, check/call flop, check turn (Ace, completing the flush), fold river (King). He either had overcards that might have paired on the turn/river or air. Either way a pair of Nines with an Ace and a King out his rarely worth SD with.

Super stack is gone and so am I after this orbit (just posted SB). KK just left. Table died. +$20 /quit.

I'm still substantially down from what I was. I lost +$30 in the rivered straight session and $12 (accumulated small loses) in the sessions before that.

Connecting with a flop once in a while would help my BR.