&>/dev/null

pirates, robots, ninjas; supercowpowers, fugu & geckos; fish & chips.

Monday

Donkament Redux

Played some more low stakes donkaments. Got a 3rd ($64), a 5th ($8), and a nowhere. The $64 was for a $2+$0.20 or so which I thought was a pretty good ROI. The $8 was a shitty booby prize (top 4 all got seats at a bigger donkament) but I probably couldn't have fit the main one into my schedule anyway (early morning on a workday). The $64 was a booby prize too but a much better one.

I was right in guessing that having the VMWare image on a reiser4 partition was the issue. Moved it to an XFS one and everything is dandy on 2.6.16-archck2.

Another "bot" thread on 2p2 and another idiot saying how a) he'd love to sit at a table with them (and rape them with his mad skillz) and b) that they will never be a problem for an experienced player. a) lol and b) keep up the wishful thinking, shall we?

Even if the majority of them are very weak, as I believe they are right now, they're still taking money from the fish that would otherwise have gone to bros or to other fish. It's like when a fish cracks my AA and then good player stacks him with a set. Do I expect to see the money that I lost come back from the good player now? No, of course not. If he's as good or better than me I have little expectation of winning against him.

Oh, but bots are exploitable! Well, maybe they are now but before long they'll be as good as an average multi-tabling 2p2er with PT+HUD. Then you have no choice but to avoid them (and they you, of course) but they'll still be there taking money from the fish on hundreds of tables 24/7. Which is a pretty bleak future for online pros or aspiring online pros.

The solution, and you're not going to like this, one table per verified account (passport number or whatever, like party). This protects the fish but of course kills the 2p2ers as well as the bots. IDK, the only alternative I can see is trusted computing, which raises a lot more problems.