&>/dev/null

pirates, robots, ninjas; supercowpowers, fugu & geckos; fish & chips.

Saturday

Bitchin

I did have a post here but firefox crashed so I lost it. Summmary was: Rakeback is motivation to play more hands (even if you run like shit). FTP offers $600 deposit bonus + 27% RB. I will deposit 1.2k at FTP once I hit ~5.5k on party. If I find FTP good enough, I'll withdraw and expunge my party account with the intent of creating a new one that has rakeback. Once I have completed the FTP deposit bonus, I may move back to party.

The only "bad" part about this is not taking a premature shot at 2/4NL. Although, strictly speaking, that might not be so bad.

Played...11pm(?) through 5am on party. I won a whole buyin! Can't recall exactly how many hands I played, probably only ~1k. Which kind of sucks. I always find myself changing tables a whole lot since the ones I am at breakup since the fish bust. Uh, memorable hands: AA all-in pf and lost for 40BB or so, top two against a maniacs flopped straight for 100BB (honestly, anyone else and I fold this in a heartbeat; overbetting the pot is my kryptonite), TPTK v trips for ~50BB, my set of Queens sucks out on a cuntrags turned straight. I'm ashamed to say that I used DP twice, once vs. trips, once with my set of Queens. Set was really a "fuck you" moment more than anything. Button open limps, I raise my QQ from the SB, BB folds. Flop 9QJfd, I pot, OTB open limper calls with his powerful T3s. Turn King. I check, downie overbets the pot. I think FUCK YOU and DP. River King. FUCK YOU AAHAHAAHA. I mean, jesus fucking christ. Limp suited crap OTB, flop an OESFD and merely call on the flop, then OVERBET when your draw hits. FUCKYOU.

Good thing is I now have no disconnect protection for a week so I can get off that crutch.

Anyway, I finally flopped a set against an overpair in position and got it all-in. Thankfully the flop was pretty wet which I'm sure is one of the reasons he pushed (to shut out my draw). I've taken to open limping/limping behind with small PPs and SCs. Obviously exploitable by good players but, well, most of these guys aren't good players. Plus I can call raises more profitably than I can call 3bets, I think. I'll keep an eye on this but yeah, when people don't even try to put you on a hand limping monster makers is fine.

And I've decided that since my reads normally suck I'm not putting much stock in them. Why is he overbetting the pot on the flop/turn/scare card? Surely he must realise that I only have TPTK/two pair? Since he must realise that he must want me to fold! He's pushing every river, he must be bluffing this time! Argh. Second level thinking is no good if they're only on the the zeroth level. Need to think on the first level instead.

newzxxx.com Hmm, apparently the reason they had to separate the XXX section off of the main site is that their bank did not like it. Christ, fucking middle-American neo-puritan values for you.

Shaved today and I am looking a little tidier. Not by much. Slept 7am to 3pm. Intend to play 1am to 7am tonight. At one point I was playing 8 tables last night but at 1600x1200 on a 19" monitor it's pretty fucking bad. 4 tables on top of 4 tables works, sort of. Need MTH to queue stuff, though. Party Planner crashes for me :/ 22" should be here by Tuesday. Seller said he shipped it Friday. I really don't know what to do. Dual/triple-head is the obvious way forward but VMWare doesn't support it. I have tried twinview and 3200x in the guest but that didn't work. KVM and second box for poker instead of VM? Pretty far from ideal, IMO. Hmm, twinview does indeed work. 4 tables on each? If I resize lower than 530x400 or so per table I cannot freaking read anything. And since the action is so hectic on 8 tables, stats are pretty much all I have. I think I'll try 6 tables for now. Might still be able to make some sort of notes that way.

Watching V for Vendetta again now. Very good. I still don't understand the faux captivity of Portman, though. Who are V's supporting actors? UGH. DVD fuxored on chapter 32. Bollocks, have to redownload and rewrite.

Watched District 13 earlier. Version had semi-dodgy dubbing but highly watchable. Brilliant action sequences. Story was whatever but it served nicely as a catalyst for the fight scenes. Cast was great too.

Time to try and play some poker, I guess.