&>/dev/null

pirates, robots, ninjas; supercowpowers, fugu & geckos; fish & chips.

Monday

Watching

Eh, watched Desperate Housewives 303. Why the hell do I still bother with this drivel? Meh. Anyway, unintentionally funny moment when the Brit is looking at Hatcher's ass...what ass? Geez, I mean she used to be attractive circa Bond: Tomorrow Never Dies (what an awful film) but now? Ugh.

Julie, OTOH, is maturing nicely (SHE'S 16 YOU DIRTY 24 YEAR OLD LECH). I get older, the young girls...

Anyway, I've decided what I want for Christmas, and since my life is godawful it will be a gift to myself: A Victorinox watch. I was given a, uh, budget Wenger by my Uncle for graduation. It's actually quite nice and obviously has sentimental value (in that it was a gift from my Aunt and Uncle, I have no fond memories of graduation; I did not attend). #70109. Phew, thought I might have the Lady's model there for a second and would therefore never wear it again. So yeah, it's 'nice' but not very, and for those that judge such things it's cheap.

So, what's a baby baller to buy, eh? Seiko, psycho, whatever. This is some guy's watch he's getting. At first I thought it looked decent. On closer inspection it looks terrible. No elegance, no sense of style at all.

Victorinox is the brand. Fuck Wenger. I have a Victorinox Cybertool which is fantastic but unforunately I have bent the corkscrew slightly so it does not return as it should. One moment. Okay, good I've just fixed that with my Victorinox Swisstool, which is also a beautiful piece of equipment. Victorinox is synonymous with quality and I would wear it with pride upon my wrist. More so than a Brietling or an Omega.

So which one? Blue dial, I think. Of those, I really like the Officer's 1884 and the Ambassador. I prefer the Ambassador to the Ambassador automatical because I think the weekday thing looks awful. Ruins the asthetic of the dial completely, IMO.

And then there's the LE Airboss, which is way more than I can justify spending on a watch right now. I mean, yes, it's very nice and I don't typically like chronos. Leather strap is a bit of a turn off too but it's part of the whole asthetic. If I had too much money I would buy one for sure, and the other two as well. However, IMO, it does not look as awesome as it should given that it's twice the price of the Ambassador.

However, these are my goals: The Officer's costs ~$400 so when I am cruising at 2/4NL I will buy one. Point of fact, I will buy one for Christmas barring any catastrophes. I pretty much have a full bankroll for 2/4NL but have not moved up because I'm afraid. This is going to change. I am going to pursue a much more aggressive bankroll building strategy. Moreover, I will continutely improve my game so that I have nothing to fear. I will be bulletproof.

Ahem, anyway, the Officer's is the first goal/reward. The Ambassador is ~$600 so...3/6NL. And the LE Airboss is ~$1300 so 5/10NL. These are my feeble little goals.

Hmm, well damn. They offer 0% finance on purchases over £400 but the Officer's is £195. Doesn't matter, I probably wouldn't get the credit anyway.

Cha-cha-champloo! Slight snag, PT crashed earlier. I've been trying to mine FT, PP, Prima, & now Ladbrokes. Only PT found 12k old HHs from Prima and it's choking pretty hard on them. Closed everything but FT. I will be watching all 4 sites from now on.

Guess what? The cheap card that I ordered is out of stock but their own brand is in stock now. What a surprise. I tell you I am not using Dabs again if I can avoid it.

Watching Robin Hood while PT digests and hopefully I will get some hands in before bed time. Uh, I mean stack off too easily (it has to happen sooner or later, I can't keep getting the best of it).

Damn, watched Robin Hood and PT is still choking on PP (50 files). Robin Hood is kind of lame, anyway.

Okay, I'm not doing this. I'm not going to make excuses to not play. I have a bonus to clear and I will play hands. Period.

However, I'm not going to lose sight of what the bonus is. There is not point hammering out many hands roboticly if it ends up costing me more than the bonus. In fact, it's probably not worth it if it's breakeven. Slow and steady wins the race. If I miss the reload deadline, it will be annoying, not the end of the world. Besides, I can always pull a sickday next Friday (or god forbid, book the time off like a responsible person) if I have ~$100 less to clear.

Labels: ,