&>/dev/null

pirates, robots, ninjas; supercowpowers, fugu & geckos; fish & chips.

Saturday

Galactica

I admit I had my doubts about the planatery settlement idea. It seemed such a radical departure from the previous two seasons, and TOS. However, I know frak all. Occupation and Precipice (episodes 1 and 1.5) are incredible. I can fault nothing, this is the best damned tv show I have ever seen.

Galen Tyrol: This is crazy. You know, we'll need to figure out whose side we're on?

Saul Tigh: Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We an evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death, desperation, devastation, and destruction where ever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that.

Colonel Tigh is a remarkable character. He's gone from good (first season), to bad (beginning of second season), to badass (beginning of third season/webisodes). He's lost an eye, he's ordered suicide bombings, and he's killed innocent civilians but I'll be damned if he's not right. I am absolutely amazed at just how hardboiled a 70 year old man can be. I would not be surprised if he ever discovers Ellen's betrayal that he will kill her outright.

The Adama's have their problems. The Admiral is right, Apollo is soft and I think the weight is a great way of signifying it. Hopefully, when Starbuck gets back I think she'll kick his ass into shape. A fat, whiny Apollo is a little sickening.

Sharon Agathon is going to be good. In fact, the good cyclons (Sharon's and Caprica-Six) are very interesting. Well, all the cyclon agents are interesting but those two especially.

If Baltar lives through the exodus I will be amazed. Strike my last. Baltar returns to Galactica in episode 11 which begs the question: How many humans are intered with the cyclons after Exodus?

Roslin isn't dead. I would guess that Zarek isn't either.

Um, and then of course there's Starbuck and her new family. Just a little frakked up, there. I predict that she kills Conoy for the sixth time and takes Casey with her in exodus.

Whew. I wish it were next week already.

Labels: