&>/dev/null

pirates, robots, ninjas; supercowpowers, fugu & geckos; fish & chips.

Wednesday

xv, xvidix

"It's not about blaming anyone..."

Oh, of course it's not. It's just about finding how we averaged 70kWh daily in Dec. Which is..what? £210!!! Yeah, that is a lot...but, frankly, it's not all my fault. And even if it were, I would never admit it because I have nothing to gain and everything to lose. Electrical heaters just drink power. Mine draws 1.5kW, which is pretty huge but still even if it were running constantly (which it was not), you'd be looking at...36kWh a day. So, mmm, where do the other 34 come from? I've established that computer's idling draw ~350W which is constant. Throw in the NetBSD box which I have iced for now and that's ~450W.

My now frugal usage has me at ~10kWh per weekday. I checked his and it was 25kWh in the same time period. Um, so that will be double mine. Eh, I think I found the culprit: Maximum draw on the heater shows...3kW. Yes, that's a stupid number. Times by 93 hours a week and you have ~£30 a week. Oh well, I'm glad winter is so mild now.

Yeah, I am sorry. No, I will not admit guilt, nor pay money towards previous bills. The question becomes: What should I do now? Should I spend money and clock in ~50kWh a day deliberately? Inflating my usage just can I can go, oh, wow, I didn't realise I used that much, I had better cut down...Something to ponder. I think I need to do this to an extent, just because it looks so god damn suspicious to go from 1mWh to next to nothing.

But, let's put it this way, even if I was using 45kWh a day, or £135 a month, my rent was £300 including water and electricity. They do zero upkeep on this place. So, um, oh, the problem is you aren't exploiting me enough? OH, my bad.

Anyway, I think I'll aim for ~190kWh a week. Then I can have my revelation and drastically cut usage.