&>/dev/null

pirates, robots, ninjas; supercowpowers, fugu & geckos; fish & chips.

Monday

Diamonds are for never

4 hours

Um, yeah, check/raising into the nuts is not a good idea. I raise A9s UTG, button calls, BB calls. Flop is TJx. WEEE, NFD! I make my standard bet, button calls, BB thinks about it and folds. Ace on the turn. I check the guy's aggression: 2.4. Time to check/raise all-in. He bets 1/3rd pot, I hesitate a little too much but it doesn't matter anyway. I push, he has KQo and I miss my diamond. I should have really made a note on the guy that says "draws to 3 outs (ip), bets miracle card small". Meh, w/e. I'd rather go broke with Axs there than two pair.

Did a lot of folding, even some really quite good hands against shortstacks. Folded a 7-high flush because it felt right. Paid off one guy with an underfull in Omaha (T88hh flop, he had TT, I lost about 20BB after I turned eights full).

Actually stacked some people and realized some equity. The irony being that I was playing pretty tight. Stacked two donkeys with a set of ducks, one had KQ, one had KJs. Wasn't actually sure MHWG on the turn since I bet, donkey1 pushes, and then donkey2 pushes. Donkey2 had KJs and had turned a flushdraw.

Just played pretty solid. Nothing fancy (other than the FD+TP push). Lots of folding, not many suckouts (other than one fun hand where I flop bottom set on monotone flop and guy calls with just a Q-high FD). Oh well.

Watched Brian's second video. He actually runs well in the videos. It's hard to believe he's running 25/19 since I'm playing almost exactly the same hands as he is most of the time (my button range is now: Axs, Kxs, Q8s+, J8s+, 32s+, 42s+, A7o+, JTo+, plus random semi-connect suited junk and off-suited connectors), yet my 'live' stats show me to be a serious nit. Of course, I don't always adhere to that range if the table conditions aren't suitable (shortstacks, calling stations, shortstacked calling stations), which often they aren't at small stakes.