&>/dev/null

pirates, robots, ninjas; supercowpowers, fugu & geckos; fish & chips.

Wednesday

Why not

That's my catch phrase. Played more nitty today, even though my range was theoretically wider (using BigJim's)...just totally card dead.

Why not one: 9% PFR raises, I call, shortstack fish min 3bets, PFR calls, I have 7BB more to call and do with 33. K72 flop. GREAT. Min3bettor checks, PFR checks, I check. 3 on the turn. M3B checks, PFR bets 1/5th pot. OKAY, I raise, M3B goes all-in, PFR folds. Ugh, what, you have one of the two flushdraws and a gutshot wheel draw? KK? Okay. AA, yes! Ace on the river. Why not?

Complete with 66 in the SB due to two limpers. T69 flop. Pot, one limper calls. 7 on the turn, OF COURSE. I bet planning to fold if raised. Call! I block Qx river. J8o calls. Why not? I mean, perhaps I should have c/f the river but I don't understand his turn play. He has the nuts, there are two flush draws. If I have a 7 and a flushdraw I will definitely give him action if he raises. If I have a set, I won't. What does he think I have on the river? KJ? You have the Jack of spades, numpty.

So, bad play: -20BB. Good play: -60BB. YEP, why not.

Heh, joking aside, I played better. Tighter (even though in theory I have a wider opening range...just card dead), and more concentrated. I only pulled a few fancy plays and they mostly worked (e.g. one limper and nit raises from the SB, I call with 55 in the BB, limper folds. Flop is 97Ar, he bets, I raise. He folds his ace magnets. I mean, that's the trouble with only raising premium pairs OOP there, I can play perfectly against him.)

Oh, did well in Omaha too. AQK7ss, limp the button (everyone limps in small stakes Omaha). 7K3, CO pots, I repot willing to gamble it up with top two + NFD. He calls with 33xx. King on the turn, giving me the nuts. He checks, I bet smallish, he stackadonks. OTAY! No 3 on the river. I kind of like Omaha because when people are behind...they are sometimes very behind.