&>/dev/null

pirates, robots, ninjas; supercowpowers, fugu & geckos; fish & chips.

Monday

Shipit

£730 all-in. Build, short listing on ebay over the weekend with £750 start, £780 reserve, & £900 buy-it now. Plus £20 shipping. Might even not list the buy-it now.

I actually don't know if it will sell. I'm ambivalent about whether or not it does. If it does, cool, I take a little profit, and do it again...a few times maybe. If it doesn't, I use it as a new desktop.

Final core spec: E6600, Asus P5W DH Deluxe, Antec Nine Hundred case, Asus Nvidia 7600GT, WD 320GB SATA Caviar, & Corsair 2GB DDR2-667.

Weak points: 7600GT and DDR2-667, with RAM definitely being the worst of the two. It's a substantial saving over DDR2-800 but...when/if I add more, I believe I will be limited to only using DDR2-667 in future. Meh, whatever.

Um, installing OSX on a SATA drive is...not likely possible. I need to find a PATA drive, even a small one. I hope I can find one. There's one or two in my wireless router/relay. Need to fix that. Could even write over one of them since it's broken. Well, not broken but the NDIS device drops a lot. So...the fix is to have the other WLAN (WNIC?) card permanently 'up' so I can always connect to the machine using SSH, and then 'somehow' bring the miscreant NDIS device up and tunnel to the internet. Yes, that's probably as hard as it sounds. I may have to ask on some irc channels/mailing lists.

Anyway, points today: Stop calling bluffs. More bet/fold OOP. Hope system sells but if not, I will be enjoying a spanking new system from Friday onwards. If it does sell, I will have to wait a little while longer.