&>/dev/null

pirates, robots, ninjas; supercowpowers, fugu & geckos; fish & chips.

Sunday

HSP

Watched the first 5 episodes. Highly entertaining. Gold is such a huge fish, it's unbelievable. Victor Ramdin (?) was not a whole lot better. 9dQdQQKd, I HAVE A STRAIGHT, WOOO~! Kaplan's play was actually pretty good, although the river bet with KK against Matusow shouldn't have worked.

One thing I've noticed, the pots are fucking tiny for the most part. Oh well.

Doyle is amazing. I think he was tempted to move in with KQ when Gold LRR A3o. One of the reasons I would guess he didn't would be that Jaime probably calls with everything there, including Ace-rag.

Aba also plays pretty standard, and really hasn't done anything out of line post or preflop yet. How he played the AK against Gold was tricky but not totally bizarre against a player calling every raise and bluffing at every pot.

DN has been quiet as a mouse. Aliea (?) hasn't done much but squeeze...and get sucked out on by fish. Although there was that turn bluff.

Anyway, watched a few CR videos today instead of playing since I'm under the weather. Aba's was by far the best. Most of the concepts he talked about I knew. His philosophy of results responsibility rang a little empty after he gets it all-in with KK v. AQs preflop and loses. I mean, that sort of +EV situation I am in constantly...and losing. I mean, yeah, I accept responsibility when I play bad (call/bet inappropriately) but it seems constantly a) I have the best hand and lose with all the money in or b) I bet because I think that move is +EV (either because worse hands call [value] or better hands fold [bluff]). There is still some c) I payoff some fuckwit draw. I'm trying to minimise that last one.

But, yeah, a lot of what he said resonated with me. His note shorthand was cool as well.

Inches away from purchasing new system. Unsure what speed RAM to get, 6400 or 5400. I actually don't think I'll see a justifiable performance increase for the money.

Installed hard drive. Was planning to swap one but decided to add it as a slave on the primary IDE channel. According to my googling, the performance impact of a slaved HD with master optical drive is only an issue when the optical drive is reading media. Only thing is now I have 3 hard drives in a single cage. That's a lot of heat.