&>/dev/null

pirates, robots, ninjas; supercowpowers, fugu & geckos; fish & chips.

Friday

One out is all you need

And with three, oh boy, are you bound to get there. So that was today's big hand. Then there was QQ v. KK with a 68/18 calling station. On a wet, ten-high flop. He just called all the way down with KK. And I thought I was betting for value. Got some back at the end with AA. 3bet from the SB, QJT flop (OBV). I bet flop, check turn, VB Jack river (thank you Doyle/Jaime Gold, AA v. KJ hand for that!). He has AQ. YESH!

Lost coinflip AKo v. 99. He then proceeds to donk his good fortune away by going all-in pf with AT. I forget what called him, actually, but he lost. Flopped one set, that I recall, may have flopped another. Decided I have been trying to c/r them too much so went for B3B. Everyone folds. Why don't they do that when I have a draw? Made a big call with Q5s. Turned a pair of fives to go with my FD, another 5 on the river. Guy overbets the pot. Uh, fuck. 45? Fuck. I call. T3s, no good, and would have been even worse if he'd got there (although I have a hard time calling a push with a Q-high flush).

I had a hard time calling a push with A6 on a J66r flop, tbh. But J6 and JJ made no sense. Although, it was possible for him to smooth call with JJ preflop OOP in a large multiway pot.

Big mistake: Raised AQ (uh, that wasn't the mistake), 4 people call (two blinds, button, and guy on my left). I bet the flop after it only gives me a gutshot (iirc). Um, one of the many guys raises. DUH. Count the the callers, FFS.

What really sucks is that was the biggest mistake that I made and yet I dropped a buyin or so because I can never realise any equity unless I have a total lock. They have to call and be drawing dead not to get there.

Oh, and FYI, set or a flush on a monotone board and I raise all-in. I realised after the quads hand that I am probably pushing AJo/ATo if I have the NFD+gutshot, so why the fuck am I slowplaying my big hands?

Oh, and I really hate shortstacks. Not because of the coinflip but because they call too much and really destroy the value of speculative hands...which I'm raising to build a pot and image against the other deep stacks. But no, 15BB mikey just has to see every flop and check/call every cbet. JJx flop, call. 976hh, call. OKAY BUDDY.

Overall, I played looser/more aggressive for small bets where possible (i.e. the table wasn't full of shortstacks). Quite happy with that. Not too much folding, although I did pass on AKo/AQo OOP once or twice, just because I didn't think I had any FE. I squeezed once or twice too. Once, the original raiser folded and the fish called...and folded to the flop bet. Nice one!

Tired, played longer than I intended. Still haven't watched last Sunday's BSG. Probably won't do that tonight as I doubt I can appreciate it. Need to shower, eat, and sleep. Need to shave too but that can wait until tomorrow.