&>/dev/null

pirates, robots, ninjas; supercowpowers, fugu & geckos; fish & chips.

Tuesday

I have a brand new combined harvester

5h45

Well...I guess I won the auction. Meh. Time to get configurating!

Just come out of a second long session. Pretty grinding & gruelling. Highlights: Raise 66 UTG, AA 3bets. I decided I have set value and call. I flop a set, I check/raise all-in. Ace on the turn. Of course. 96% equity is really not what it used to be.

But other than that, fucking run over for the most part. Especially with JJ. Early in the session, I raise JJ, 277r flop. He bets 7BB, how cute. I raise, he pushes...unknown b3b all-in...I have one of the weakest overpairs...MEH and fold. Then, practically my last hand, JJ UTG (last hand at that table), 234r flop, I bet, uberlag pushes for 150BB. That's...just...great. I fold. I feel he's either doing that with 2pair+ or an OESD. He's never got 88-TT there. 100BB deep I may have called, 150...MEH. However, I got to that 150 on a previous hand: 334 I check 88, this guy raises, and check/raises practically any flop. I feel my eights are probably good but I'm not sure if I want to build a big pot. HE CHECKS BEHIND. Well, that throws me...but 8 on the turn. I bet 8BB (lolotricky!), he instantly raises. I imagine he has air or hearts a lot so I agonize a little and just call. 4 on the river, perfect card to check to monkey boy. He bets just over half pot with what is probably air, and I push. I honestly don't think he has much difficulty folding his high-card hand there. And then I played tight until the JJ hand.

Not a lot of action on sets...or draws when I made them. A lot of brilliant play on the part of my opponents. Guys getting it in frequently with the worst hand and winning (not just against me). Well, I guess that's why you run at such a high winrate. Aggression is key in NLHE but so is pushing with the worst hand and frequently sucking out. This wasn't all on me but w/e. Downieboy reg abused me with 3betting. He either called every 3bet I made, or 3bet most of my opens. I gave up on the table. 3bet QQ, Ace-high flop, BUT OF COURSE. I bet, he calls. I imagine he's floating me there some of the time but mostly...he has it and I check/fold the turn. I honestly can't remember the last time I 3bet AQ+ and flopped an Ace.

Very frustrating session. I thought things had turned around when I flopped sixs, c/r all-in and the guy instacalls with AA but alas no. Oh, AND GOD FORBID PAHUD WORKS. I don't think I can blame PAHUD but probably my postgresql server...or maybe just the size of the DB. Anyway, I intend to move the DB to this machine (since it's faster) and the vmware image to the new machine.