&>/dev/null

pirates, robots, ninjas; supercowpowers, fugu & geckos; fish & chips.

Thursday

25NL to 2000NL 2+2 challenge

Hereafter referred to by me as 2kNL2+2C.

Okay, I doubt I'm eligible for the competition (not able to provide HH) but I'll certainly try the challenge. Off to a decent start: AQs newbie blind, raise, TPTK. Win without SD. QQ in the BB, raise, Top set. Win without SD. ($36.50) I'm almost grateful not to have been called on the river since it completed the flush. My half-PSB may have made him fold a smaller flush. Guy to my right just called an all-in holding air? He was shown AA that had made Aces full on the turn. Well, what exactly does high card Four beat, buddy?

Other than those first two hands I haven't played hands other than my blinds. I have a feeling that I'm going to have to SD the next hand. K9o UTG+2, muck that shit. J7o, no thanks JD. 73o, Hackem. BB J5o, Jackson Five hits zippo. SB was forgetable. J6o. 88, limpable. Foldable. 65o. The blinds are coming! J7o. JTo UTG. Bah, would get a semi-decent hand OOP. BB J2o. Nothing flop. 83o. Would have hit two pair and turned a full house. Would have had to have called $11 preflop all-in, though. K9o. I might limp that but I'm certainly not calling a PFR. KTo, try and limp. I do call 2BB more preflop this time. Fold flop. Q4o. New dealer, please! KJs, woot. Miss flop but raise minbet to PS and win tiny pot. Should have raised preflop but then my flop raise is less believable. 67o. Something else. Something else UTG. SS pushed and couldn't beat KT, TPGK. 23o beats TT straight over set. QQ beats KK with a Queen on the flop. Limp 45s, flop's all black. A3s, flop the nut flush (K9Js). Is it weird that my first thought is "Did anyone flop a straight flush?" Call flop bet. Turn puts two Jacks on the board. I feel like raising but he may have KJ. Or that Jack might have scared him. He checks river (4th suited card), I half-PSB, he calls and I win. I felt half-PSB was good since he might call with a hand I beat. If he minraised me, I would have felt okay about calling. If I felt he'd have called a PSB and not raised with a better hand, I would have bet that instead. Ladies on the flop from from my BB. Someone flopped trips to someone elses full house. It was the guy who lost KK v. QQ. Not his day.

Breathe? ($39.62) $11 to go! Someone is talking to me. Table is way too tight. Fook, just folded KT (mid pair) to flop half-PSB. Turn would have given me trips with another Ten. AJo, 1 caller, flop's all hearts and I have none. C-bet, called. Turn is another heart. Easy fold. JJ, bollocks no callers that time. Guy on right thinks I'm attacking his blinds/limps. QQ, hit top set to guy on my right's two pair. Take his stack.

($69) On to 50NL tomorrow. Had to reload the site (buggy POS) to get chat to work so I could commiserate with the loser and the railbirds. Better to keep them happy then to look like a total dick by taking his money and sitting out/leaving without so much as a 'ty' to his 'nh'. Better to keep the customers happy :)