&>/dev/null

pirates, robots, ninjas; supercowpowers, fugu & geckos; fish & chips.

Friday

Smith

Watched Smith.101. Hmm, not amazing but not awful. Ray Liotta is the best thing in it. Things that make me not want to watch it ever again:

  1. Imogen-fucking-Heap. WTF is that bullshit. I had to mute it, utter, utter rubbish.
  2. Amy Smart's character. Okay, we have an attractive woman on the team to increase viewers but she did nothing. I have nothing against Smart, she is beautiful and reasonably talented but her character seems kind of waste of screen time. And the love story with Miller's character? If it even is a love story. Yeah, having sex in an airplane bathroom is true love. Whatever. I just feel they've put in $HOT_CHICK just because.
  3. Flashbacks. I hate goddamn flashbacks. They are so cheap and lazy. Considering the whole episode is a series of flashbacks...I didn't like it much.
  4. Nit: Okay, you plan a heist. You're armed with assult rifles but you neglect to use suppressors and subsonic ammo? WTF? Sure, it reduces the effectiveness of your rifles but the increased stealth surely means you won't need that effectivenes in an all out battle with the police. If any shot is fired, the job is probably going to hell. If that shot then brings armed police, then you are well and truly fucked. Just my opinion.

However, I did really like Riotta's double life. He owns his boss, he has an amazing empty apartment with all manner of goodies, and a mint Aston Martin. Awesome.

I'll watch a few more episodes before I pass final judgement but it doesn't look like must see tv to me.

Speaking of which: Lost season 3 premiere's October 4th. Meh, hopefully it gets better. Desperate Housewives this Sunday although it's pretty far from must see. But...

BSG(!!!) is back on October the 6th. BOOM. Number 6 is bringing sexy back. I so cannot wait for this, even though Apollo is fat and Adama has a dodgy mustache. Oh yeah, Lucy Lawless too. Excellent writing, great acting, and sexy girls. What the hell is not to like?

Speaking of which, I must visit Brazil and find a supermodel of my own. Or Argentina and pick up someone like Keyra...Crazy Brazilians.

OMFG. 300. This looks incredible. Gerard Butler's filmography has been less than stellar so far (Tombraider2, Timeline) but things seem on the up (Beowulf and Grendal was good if not successful). With this he's set to move straight to A-list. The quality of this trailer (well, the one on youtube) is fucking dire but content is king.

Speaking of Russells, whatever happened to Russell Crowe? Did he just get rich enough from a few flicks and decide to retire? Can't blame him if he did, really.

Um, I need to shower and powernap before donking off more monies playing perfect FTOP for long sessions tonight.

Out.