&>/dev/null

pirates, robots, ninjas; supercowpowers, fugu & geckos; fish & chips.

Thursday

Conquering

Managed to install XP! Hooray, I guess. Putting it on an old SATA drive...the drive is probably FUBARed but it's only for games. You know what the problem was? Trying to install to IDE. Hah! Yes, because SATA should obviously work...and IDE should not.

The problem is now...will I be able to play X hours of poker a day until Monday? Uh, NO. In fact, I don't even feel like playing at all today. This may be +EV, since I seem to be a loser on FT.

I mean, I used to complain about Party but, shockingly, I actually won some money. Not a lot and most of the time I was breaking even. Now, however, my play consists of: Breakeven/slight loser to the good players, lose to the bad players. And it doesn't actually matter what I do: I bluff, they call/rebluff. I valuebet, they fold. You'd think those two would be exclusive scenarios but there it is. If I'm bluffing I shouldn't worry about getting value from worse hands when valuebetting; if I'm valuebetting, I shouldn't worry about people calling my bluffs.

But no. People just...by sheer luck...play perfectly against me. And they get lucky, a lot. As a non-TAGfish (for the most part), I don't. When I know I should fold preflop, I do. When I know I should fold on the flop, I do. I don't call, call, call. OH THERE'S AN X OUTER, AREN'T I BRILLIANT? HAH, NICE RAISE, BUT YOU KNOW I'M CALLING WITH RANDOM CRAP. I PLAY ALL TEH CARDS!1

I raise, I bet, I fold. Now I really hate calling and I'm going to stop doing it as far as possible. Like I said before, it's not the road to riches in SSNL.