&>/dev/null

pirates, robots, ninjas; supercowpowers, fugu & geckos; fish & chips.

Monday

Avg. pot size > buyin

Wow, I found a 25NL table with an average pot size of ~$40. It had dropped to about $35 by the time I sat down but it seems the largest fish was still there. He doubled me up when pocket ducks hit the second time I played them. Turn/River was Q/Q so I was full by showdown. Beat his flopped two pair. There was another guy in up until my turn raise which swelled the pot.

Had I hit a set at 50NL I'd have gotten no action at all, even in a raised pot. That's just the way I seem to run there.

UTG AJo: I had decided that this was my last orbit so this was the second hand I folded that I would normally limp. Folding here is close to optimal TAG play anyhow...The other hand I folded was 42s (suited gapper :D). Hardly a major loss.

~3bb a min. I run goot.

Since I quit a little earlier than expected I decided to watch 100NL for bit. So far I've seen KK & QQ get setted by TT and 22. So set mining is just as profitable here as at lower limits (fukn' duh). I'm thinking about buying in short at 100NL for 40BB. I don't give set miners implied odds to call my PFR raises, and if I hit a set in a limped pot I'm liable to be called by top pair since I'm so short. Well, it might take a bit of pot size manipulation and a good 2nd best hand (two pair).