&>/dev/null

pirates, robots, ninjas; supercowpowers, fugu & geckos; fish & chips.

Wednesday

Shorter

Scurvydog is dead on again. Play shorter sessions stupid. It's not coincidence that my marathons are breakeven at best. 2hrs max from now on.

Deposited $200 for 100NL BR. Only sat with $50 right now. Limits my play in some regards but makes things simpler in others. Not being able to set mine does suck, though. I'm not going to play anything lower than a class 4 hand except for SCs and PP. Typically I pick up K9s and K8s on the BT and CO. From a results viewpoint, neither connected. Now I get K8o...and damn, it would have hit two pair.

Saw someone lose with a set of 4's in an extremely obvious way. The flop was all diamonds and he didn't seem to think it was possible that someone might have the flush. Even when the fourth flush card fell on the river. Duh.

I've identified one donkey. There's another guy who's probably on tilt after his KK met AA preflop. AA started with a ~$50 stack, doubled up through JJ, and then again just now. Donkey's busted.

I pick up a small pot with 77 when I called a small PFR (didn't break the 5/10 rule) and rivered a straight. Almost a straight flush except the 5 was a club and not a spade. Hand before that I made the mistake of playing A4s. Not a good hand in EP when playing SS.

I've gotten J8 at least 3 times now. 18bb SS just went all-in on his first hand. Great :/

Actually, I can set mine small raises with this stack. Just saw a good call from A2s, called down with a pair of twos against AQo whiffed overs. Gutsy.

SSS goes all-in preflop with JTs, called by A9s. Idiot hits his Jack. Haha, fool busts himself when he pairs his 9 from J9s. Owned by JTo's flopped trips.

AKo doubles up through AA by hitting trips on the turn after calling all-in on the flop. That's a bad beat.

I finished Phil's LGB earlier. Excellent, definitely worth revisiting. What he says about "BOW's" strategy is interesting (unbeatable but high variance). Next on the ol' reading list is Yao's book.

SB K8s: Prepared to play this at a discount but SSS raises. He then bets $1 into a $10 pot leaving himself $3.50 left. And he doesn't get called?!? This table has broken now.

40m +$5. Could have been worse considering I only made two hands (AKo TPTK, 77 rivered straight 9-high).