&>/dev/null

pirates, robots, ninjas; supercowpowers, fugu & geckos; fish & chips.

Friday

Unclear

Cheque hasn't cleared which is probably a blessing as I'm tempted to go shortstack the 1KNL on party. I'll probably play sensibly when I sign up, multitabling 25NL for a bit.

My 100NL roll is not healthy so I may have to shortstack that for 25bb. The trouble with that is I'm paying 1.5bb per orbit so if I have to fold 38 hands in a row, I'm buggered. The annoying thing is when I'm not tilting off, I feel I could play a solid game at this level (essentially counterplay but with maybe some more optimal TAG elements too). Since I fucked up already, might as well shortstack it. Starting hands: AQs/AKo/AKs/88+. Raising all, and pushing preflop/flop.

Ivey is obviously a fish.

Session one begins immenently (waiting for the BB). I fold 79o after hitting my 9 on the flop. Winner had a pair of 4's. Wow, dude bets $100 into a $30 pot and is called. Doesn't look like he was expecting that. Folds on the river? Unreal. AJo on the button, raised in front of me, I fold. Perhaps a mistake. Super deep stack uses his entire timebank for almost every decision. Oh, and now he's gone. KQs folded. That's one thing that irks me about Miller SSS.

SB QQ: Black hiltons, I raise $10 and collect the dead money. Grr.

BT AQo: Raised then reraised in front of me. It's almost a push if I thought either of these players were loose. I credit the reraiser with AK+. I seem to have started a raising trend.

Aces destack Jacks. Aces leaves the table quite a bit richer. I recognise the guy that took his place. He seemed solid the last time I saw him. Damn, I fold KJo preflop and the raiser/caller show A4s and A8o respectively. Goes to show, fish are really awful. I was respecting the guy with A4s because he destacked a really loose aggro guy with JJ.

Wow, JJ makes runner-runner quads against unimproved TT. Amazing hand. 44 races against AQs postflop. 44 wins by making a straight.

I haven't picked up a hand in forever, regardless of playing supertight.

UTG AKo: Open raise for $5. Almost perfect flop (AK3, two hearts). I open push but I'm uncalled. Grr.

Okay, I'm not feeling the love on this shortstack strategy. Maybe there just aren't enough LAGs around but I'm not getting called. MP1 AKo: UTG+1 raises to 4bb, I push 30bb or so. Dude folds. Shouldn't you be calling just to bust me? Am I annoying you? I'm not touching you. Am I annoying you? I guess I have to do this more often. Need to run hot, I guess. Maybe a reraise to $15 would have been better, and then open push. Still, I'm not unhappy to collect dead money with AKo.

That was a resounding failure. The key to this strategy is that people call your pushes. Not getting called kills it. I might just try a full buy-in.